PDA

View Full Version : Do It Up 2 Tone?

HondaBoy
12-28-2003, 10:39 PM
ok, i was thinking about doing my car 2 tone. leave the top gold, and have the bottom black. the interior is already about done. its red and black. black would be nice for the bottom portion of the car cuz its easy to get some regular black paint to spray. not too expensive. anyway, my friend has his car the stock green on top, and the lower portion in white. it totally changed the look of his car. looks pretty good. ill have to get some pix to show y'all. so, what do y'all think about the 3gee in 2 tone? the ones ive seen have looked pretty good like that. i probley wont get to doing this, but just a thought.

SteveDX89
12-30-2003, 09:30 AM
Trying to pass spray paint off as regular paint = :rice:

Mike's89AccordLX
12-30-2003, 09:39 AM
Yeah don't do it with spray paint if you do that. I think it would look nice if a paint shop did it.

HaccordR89
12-30-2003, 02:17 PM
agreed, post pics though, i'd like to see what it looks like

Bloodlust
12-30-2003, 02:51 PM
Yeah, please dont spray paint ur car.

HostileJava
12-30-2003, 07:17 PM
Well, I don't know about that. I think I'd have to see it and the colors would really have to go well together. Generally I'm opposed to two-tone.

MrBen
12-31-2003, 12:21 AM
Trying to pass spray paint off as regular paint = :rice:

Hmm... I suppose THIS is "rice" too?

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=1340&

Mr. Spray paint your moldings.

SteveDX89
12-31-2003, 03:02 AM
Why are you being such a whiny bitch lately, ghetto? I noticed how your attitude has changed since the last round of mod promotions. Maybe you're acting like a prick to be a good samaritan to the guys with not so great ideas and maybe get a spot as a mod. I sprayed those moldings the same color to improve the look of my car. They were all faded. Armor All didn't work. I would have to say it turned out rather well. Ask 88LXi68, Travis, or Mark how my car looks. They were stunned when they saw it and kept telling me how clean it looks and how they like it even though it's stock. Trying to paint the metal with spray paint is rice. Do you realize how difficult it would be to spray paint half a car and have it look good. You have to worry about getting it even without runs on a vertical surface. It can be done but would take many many hours. If he does it and it looks like it came out of the paint booth, I'll give the guy mad props. I spent probably 10 hours just re-painting those moldings, not counting removal and installation. I also spent probably 2 days painting my taillights and they look awesome. Pull your head out of your uptight ass and find something better to do than search for a 2 year old thread about side moldings.

I'll re-phrase this for all the little crybaby girls
Painting half of a car with spray paint = :rice:

MrBen
12-31-2003, 01:47 PM
Whoah dude, I was simply pointing out that you were making fun of "rice" when you have "rice" on your car. Come one man, nothing personal.

Me acting like a bitch? You'll have to excuse me, life hasn't been a walk in the park for me lately, but you don't seem me complaining about it. Parents moved away, friends moved away, I don't have a job anymore, and life revolves around school. That may not seem like a big deal, but it is to me, and if it has showed up on the board then I am sorry. Others have said I have become bitter. I really am sorry and I did not mean anything personal.

SteveDX89
12-31-2003, 03:14 PM
Well, I probably came off as a little strong in my post. I was kind of irritated by your comment. My mouldings look good. What would you think if you saw a spray painted car with heavy and thin spots with runs all over the place. You'd probably think what a bonehead. Who the hell spray paints their car? This is the point I was trying to convey. Like I said, if he does it and it looks like it came from the paint booth, I'll give him mad props.

HondaBoy
01-01-2004, 12:02 AM
ok, aside from that, i didnt tell y'all i was going to do it with a spray guy powered by a compressor. although, the idea of spray cans would work ok, that is if its done right. i would need to sand the hell outta the paint, spray thin layer of primer, fix dents, maybe spray a bit more primer, then do some top coats, and end with about 2 to 3, maybe more light coats of clear. its good to take it slow and fairly thin, because if you have pianted before, doing it quickly, too close and too thick will look like ass as a finished product. i think im going to put it on hold for a bit, but hey, if you got any suggestions of pix of 2 tone 3gees, post it up!