PDA

View Full Version : Got Some New LED bulbs For Front Lights

HondaBoy
12-28-2003, 11:19 PM
last week, i finally got my Piaa LED bulbs. they are pretty bright, could be brighter. i had this guy order them for me. they are the ones that shine white. i got them for $20. not bad. i had Eurolite ones before, but the circuit burned up. anyway, they are pretty nice. in the day, they look white, but at night next to my headlights they look blue-ish. i know thats because of the lense of that corner light. i plan to do them clear when i do my Supra style tails. and im guessing also the inside color reflects it blue. for now, they are good. when i get the clear corners made, i will put some kind of chrome, mirror finish reflector inside. also, i need to think of how to make a ornange reflecitive lense in with that so they are still legal. many plans, not enough time! i think i may try and get some orange LED bulbs for the blinkers.

DigitaLuminescence
12-29-2003, 02:01 AM
LEDs are definitely the way to go, I've put in hyperwhites for my front blinkers, blue city lights (inside the headlight lenses), amber LEDs in my sidemarkers (both lights), and a blue dome light. I'd like to do my break/parking lights/turn signals next. I love the appearance so much more than with regular bulbs. Now I just wish I could remember what site I got mine at. Any suggestions?
Those tail lights will look great when you finish them, post pics when you start your work.

DigitaLuminescence
12-29-2003, 04:05 AM
Ah, nevermind, DBMaster posted the site earlier. :o
Autolumination is a great place to get LEDs at a very affordable price.