PDA

View Full Version : my new accord

monsonhonda
06-30-2002, 04:55 PM
i picked up a new accord today, seeing that i killed my last one. its a 1988 lxi 4 door 5 speed. got a few questions. my clutch doesnt engage till the top but i check the cable and its really tight, so i fgure it needs to be losened or i need a new clutch. where do i adjust the cable. the guy before me said it was engaging in the middle, and he tightened it and then it engaged at the top so he left it alone. so i hope i just have to losten the cable. also there is another cable that runs across the engine into the transmission from the fire wall (not the clutch cable) what is this?.

thanks, ill post pics later.

fussell

cruznz
06-30-2002, 05:36 PM
the other cable is speedo,adjust clutch with the nut at the end of cable housing near release shaft

ACCORD EX
07-01-2002, 11:55 AM
the cable shouldn't be tight all the way ! i think their should be 5mm clearance ! i am really not sure of the number ! :rolleyes:

MIKE

monsonhonda
07-01-2002, 05:27 PM
my thoughts exactly, because when i let up on the gas say going 25 in seccond it jolts funny, like the clutch is still partially disengaged, ad the cable is wuite tauget, i got home late tonight though, so i couldnt change it.

peace

fussell

monsonhonda
07-02-2002, 05:05 PM
you were right about the 5 mm tolerance, i adjusted it and it worked great.

peace

fussell