PDA

View Full Version : <----complete noob here

88blacklxi
12-29-2003, 12:40 PM
on my 88 lxi, the front bumper is sagging. ive look at the hangers for it and they dont appear to be bent so i wasnt sure what to do. any tips are appreciated.

Bloodlust
12-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Yeah same thing is happening to mine.

EDIT

I would start out by making sure the brackets arent broken, then try any way possible to make it nice and snug. And if that doesnt work, a fellow member told me of a way to use a piece of hard plastic or something to fill the gap. Ask HostileJava, he told me the first time we met.

Vinny
12-29-2003, 12:50 PM
is it sagging from an accident or just old age? Theres 4 bolts that hold the bumper to the frame. They are behind the turnsignals in the bumper, either 12 or 14mm heads. don't take them all the way out, but you might try loosening them, pulling the bumper back up and then tightening then down. That may help if its sagging in the front

88blacklxi
12-29-2003, 02:27 PM
no its not from an accident just old age i guess

HondaManDan
12-31-2003, 01:39 PM
i had the same problem... what i did was i took off the bumper and there's either 2 or 3 bolts that hold the bracket to the frame... anyway... you shim the bottom of the bracket with washers until it sits level... also, the front bumper may be sagging because the rubber bushings inside of the brackets are worn out... you may have to shim those and weld them in place like I did... now my bumper sits tighter than when i first got it, looks like a million bucks too.
Just in case, you may want to check for plastic tearing or foam rot between your plastic bumper and the metal mounting rail.