PDA

View Full Version : sidemarker question

KoNEY
12-29-2003, 02:13 PM
ok, before anyone tries to flame me, ive looked at the how-to section, and it shows how to wire sidemarkers, and ONLY how how to wire them

what i need help with is i dont know what to use to actually cut the fender to mount the sidemarkers i have. i have already taken the rubbery "gasket" that ghoes between the marker and fender and laid out on my fender where i want them. i already traced onto the fender the line i need to cut, i just need to know what to use to cut this hole, and it is a square hole, so i cant just drill it. i know a jigsaw will work, but i dont want to take a chance in warping the fender. oh, i also didnt buy these new, i just got the lights so there are no instructions with them. thanks

hondamanlxi
12-29-2003, 02:40 PM
all you have to cut for is the bulb socket! just use a metal-cutting spade bit. If you dont what your doing then dont mess up a good fender!

Luis 89LXi
12-29-2003, 03:42 PM
I have to take out the fender to make the holes whit a 1/2" drill, and 2 1/8" holes for the screw in the sidemarker housing. They look fine.
Don't forget to paint the bare metal in the hole, just to prevent future rust.

Luis

Mike's89AccordLX
12-29-2003, 03:46 PM
You could also use a Dremel. I'm going to look into taking the fenders off to do mine and then I will probably make some Z3 vents for them at the same time.