PDA

View Full Version : Why did you start driving your first 3g?

Mystic1
12-30-2003, 01:37 PM
What the topic says, what made you choose your first 3gee

Mike89Accordcom
12-30-2003, 02:51 PM
I chose mine because it was a very attractive car to me. 8 years later, turned out to be a great car!

Bloodlust
12-30-2003, 02:53 PM
I bought mine because my 1982 Buick Regal Limited was about to take a shit. I originally wanted to buy a 92 eclipse for a little more than what i bought the 3g for more than a year ago. Im sure glad i didnt buy the eclipse because it turned out to be a lemon and I would have never met so many new friends that I have today.

SteveDX89
12-30-2003, 03:08 PM
After totalling my last car, I went about a year without one. When I was looking around for a car, I needed something that was pretty cheap. I also wanted something reliable that looked good. 2000 bones later, I drove home a pretty nice 3g. It's been 2 1/2 years since I've had it and I don't have many complaints about the car. It's been very cheap to maintain and I love it. It's definitely better than when I bought it. I love my 3g.

pimp86LX
12-30-2003, 03:14 PM
IT WAS FREE
:cheers:

Mike89Accordcom
12-30-2003, 03:35 PM
See most you guys barely paid anything for your 3G's. I paid $10K for mine.

pearldrop
12-30-2003, 03:37 PM
I paid $10,999 for mine. I really wanted a 2nd gen Prelude for years but then I saw mine at a dealership next to one and I compared the two directly. I bought it on the spot.

TaintedMantis
12-30-2003, 03:46 PM
When my brother got his 2000 Honda Civic EX, he gave the 3rd Gen Accord to me

NXRacer
12-30-2003, 04:04 PM
i was originally looking for a Stratus (i know, i know) but i saw my 3g and instantly fell in love with it. I knew about hondas and i knew i could do something with it, but not until i saw this board did i know there was such a possibility for so much power. YAY

Morpheus
12-30-2003, 04:41 PM
cause it was there.

k-roy
12-30-2003, 04:41 PM
I baught mine because it was a $900 car and I needed one badly at the time. Hmm, a $900 well running Honda is a good deal. I do not regret it. Oh yea the whole mileage and reliability thing is cool. The performance blows but it is a fun car to drive. I like the styling and the popups are cool too.

'A20A3'
12-30-2003, 05:00 PM
I'd call it more of a...'gift'...so to speak...

Mystic1
12-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Like many of you mine was free too

i.c.
12-30-2003, 06:51 PM
16th b-day present

BITESIZE
12-30-2003, 06:58 PM
My older brother was cool and had one, so I had to have one too.

'A20A3'
12-30-2003, 07:45 PM
My older brother was cool and had one, so I had to have one too.

It's funny you should say that, because i'm the older brother in my family, and my brother is 14 and is already talking about getting a hatchback. After seeing all the 3G stuff around here and whatnot he has really learned to appreciate the 3G Accord.

zchb9
12-30-2003, 08:12 PM
I needed to find an everyday driver that was reliable and good on gas and a friend of my dads had it and sold it to me for 800$ 2 weeks later he said he wished he still had it.

shane_lxi
12-30-2003, 09:43 PM
When I bought my 3g, I had the choice between a 1997 civic, or the 3g, both for under $200 a month, but my insurance would be really high with a civic coupe with a vtec in it, so I chose the 3g, plus, I am making payments to my bro, so it is not like he is going to come over to my house and repo my car :D. Plus, I htought it was a mint lookin' vehicko!!

MIK3
12-30-2003, 09:57 PM
I must say this is a good thread and topic to be discussed on.

Well I didn't really choose my car. I chose to accept it. It was an inheritance from my grandmother, and I could simply not have let it go. It was a reliable good on gas kind of car, and the car did have some sentimental value to it. So I accepted it in honor. Now look, I drive for free. What a world. I thank my grandma for this too. Couldn't have done it w/ out the good ol G Ma.

Crazee3g
12-30-2003, 10:44 PM
Got the car because it was only $800 bucks and I had an ex who had an 86 same color and interior. Brings back ALOT of memories. LOL.

Hash_man_Se_i
12-30-2003, 11:09 PM
well, ever since my dad bought the car about 8 years ago, i really liked it, and then about a year ago i found out about 3geez... and I just had to have the car.

I actually looked for another 3g all last year, because the car was my sisters at the time, and she wouldnt part with it.
Finally, she decided to move away for university... and the car is alllll miine! and I love it. I keep thinking about getting a celica or something else, but every time I do, i realise I love my 3g too much to part with it... so I have made plans for it.

Justin86
12-31-2003, 06:12 PM
I needed a better car I was looking for a newer accord or possiblie a subarau, but found this one with low miles, perfect shape, and for $2,500. The price was right and for me being 17 it was a good car.

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-31-2003, 07:00 PM
Well for me it was a little bit of everything. I got it for free after my mom wrecked it, so the price couldn't be beat! It had 253k miles on it at the time, but I knew it was bulletproof reliable so that didn't bother me one bit. We had already had the car for 2 years and 10 months and put 113k miles on it, some of which I drove. I always loved the car, both the way it looked and the way it drove, so by then I was REALLY attached to it and didn't want to see it get sent to the junkyard, especially since it still ran absolutely perfect! I had been everywhere in that car, so many roadtrips, took me to the top of Pikes Peak in Colorado, countless trips to visit my sister at college, learned to drive manual on the 3g..... too many good memories. So that's when I sold my Ranger and started driving the 3g..... still reliable as F**K and not a single regret since!! See my recent pics in the pics forum.... :)

i.c.
12-31-2003, 07:10 PM
Performance, Damn thoes things are fast

Elijah
12-31-2003, 07:40 PM
I bought it to be original!!

AccordArizona89
01-01-2004, 12:05 AM
one morning my moms boyfriend said he found me a car and then bought it for me. And i was into the Fast and furious Scene just turning 16 so i had NOS fever for hondas... so i took it LOL

shane_lxi
01-01-2004, 11:04 PM
And i was into the Fast and furious Scene just turning 16 so i had NOS fever for hondas... so i took it LOL

Umm, don't you mean NAWZ!!! LOL. I love my 3g, it is so beautiful, or was any how :( . That is why I am raplacing my totaled 3g with a wnother 3g that looks the exact same, same year, color, and edition (LXi). If I didn't care for the 3geez scene, I would just have bought a car around town, but I am traveling just to get my hands on another great lookin' 3g... god I love these cars!!! :D

Defiant[YD]
01-03-2004, 02:11 PM
my first car, and it was a honda. nuff said.
u never ever forget ur first car. so my 3gee will live on in my memory no matter what happens.

ghost_ny
01-03-2004, 04:24 PM
I always loved the older style best.

cdscowboy
01-03-2004, 04:43 PM
My other car was dead, and my dad was getting tired of having me use his pickup. My friend and I went into Portland to a couple lots, then the 3g stuck out...looked pretty good. I'd been looking for a Honda, too, since they're reliable and go forever and stuff. So I'd say it was a combo of looks and praticality.

BDaccordguy
01-03-2004, 05:37 PM
my 87 was my first 3g and i kinda inherited it from my dad when my parents got a new car. i loved that thing, a lot of ppl underestimated it. i liked the reliability of it and its bulletproofness ( that thing went rallying, had jumped hills.. and still ran and drove great) which is why when that thing finally died, i jumped at the chance to get the 89 5spd i got now.

DeathRat
01-03-2004, 06:22 PM
I chose mine due to $$$ and reliability of the "Accord" name from other owners. I had a very limited $$$ to spend when my old Bonneville's engine was dying. I needed another car FAST & had only one weekend to find another car. I saw this one & fell in love with it as it was different from "stock" models due to it's rear spoiler, tinted windows & Erebuni Ground FX. I've had it a very short time now (August 02/03), but it hasn't let me stranded yet too!

i.c.
01-03-2004, 07:06 PM
my 87 was my first 3g and i kinda inherited it from my dad when my parents got a new car. i loved that thing, a lot of ppl underestimated it. i liked the reliability of it and its bulletproofness ( that thing went rallying, had jumped hills.. and still ran and drove great) which is why when that thing finally died, i jumped at the chance to get the 89 5spd i got now.

lol...i drove over a sand pile in my backyard...

accordlxi2.0
01-03-2004, 09:17 PM
get ready for a long story.
i had a cougar which i put in alot of money, and the abs went and i had an accident with it.
after that the car just fell apart so my friend said his uncle was selling honda accord's.
i hated honda's one beine my friend 5thg lx beat the cougar .i had two choice's both blue, a lx or lxi.
i choose the lxi,six month's later i got to test it, looked at the engine and thought this car is gonna be slower than the cougar.
drove it and it was FAST!
the steering was lite.
i got out, he say's you know my friend is selling a corsica.
i told him so i want this one.
only thing it needed was a tune-up. an axle and a bigger battery.
the car is worth 900 on the street as of now.
i got it for $400

Burban88
01-03-2004, 09:25 PM
I paid 650 dollars from a friend at work. 148,000 mi. needed front brakes cant beat it. Now if I could just get the keys from my wife lol.

MrBen
01-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Bought it because my parents had a 3g also and they loved it. It was fairly cheap and has been a good car aside from the thousand dollars being poured into it.

jigga225
01-05-2004, 01:14 AM
my cousin gave it to me because she moved up to an LX470 big body, and a mechanic tole her the 3G was a lost cause... well that was 4 years ago

it was free, and i was tired of driving a triumph spitfire.

EvilPenciler
01-05-2004, 03:11 AM
I woke up one morning and it was in the driveway....

a20ricer
01-24-2004, 09:41 PM
got mine after i rebuilt the damn thing. did everything but the engine that now i am in search for. ive owned it since 2000 and put 30k on it. its up to 240k on the odometer wich wasnt working for 6 years till i got it! so i guess the engine got 400k plus. try that in a DX Sedan. by the way its still running but not good.cracked block,sucks.

300700'88lx-i
01-24-2004, 10:12 PM
I remember one day that I was coming out of the dentist office, and I happened to notice a car parked next to my shitty old Camry. It was an older Honda Accord, and it was all beat to shit, but I was kind of looking at it thinking "I bet that was a neat car when it was newer." I know now that it was an lx-i with all the options on it, the sunroof was what I really noticed though. I thought that was pretty pimp. And I really liked the way the car looked in white. Well, about two years later, it was time to get a new car, what I really wanted was an RX-7, and we found one for a reasonable price, but there were some complications, so we started looking around again. We went to look at a 1988 LX-i, and when I saw it i was like "Oh shit, that's like that car at the dentist's except it's in almost perfect condition. And it's white with a sunroof." We bought it that same day, and I really like it for what it is. Old skool cars kick ass. :rockon: I don't know why I remember that car parked next to mine about three years ago, but I did, and now I own what that car would have looked like when it was new (except a little faster and "cooler").

x3r0
01-24-2004, 10:41 PM
I had an 1986 Ford Mustang LX, it was my first car I had it for several years, learned a lot about carbs on it because it would break down all the time and I would have to fix it myself because money was short. Well one day I decided to fix it for good, so I took the carb off and tighted things and cleaned it up, replaced gasgets... Put it back in, car didnt stay on, but I really didn't feel like adjusting it so I sold the car for $200...
My Uncle was selling a 1986 Honda Accord LX, i looked at it and thought.. thats MINE! bought it from him for $1,000, car is awesome in reliability. Only major thing was the alternator $75, replaced it myself. Stuck 400$ worth of stereo eqiupment in, have had it for more then a year now, runs great after fixing the cold idle (w/ only a paperclip $0.05)

soljaboy2000
01-25-2004, 12:17 AM
I only had $1800 and bought this cuz it was only
$1500 :D:D:D:D:D Wise investment

TEAM-NiX
01-25-2004, 12:21 AM
My aunt gave it to me after she bought a BMW m series

3rdgenlxi
01-26-2004, 06:19 PM
I bought mine in 1997 with 140K miles on it, i sold it in 04 with 222K miles on it.... Never had a problem out of the engine... SWEET!

lightbulblxi
01-26-2004, 06:27 PM
i got mine cuz i like old skool cars, and accords, and im big.

Silver86LX
01-26-2004, 07:33 PM
I bought mine because I heard from a few people that they're very reliable cars. I bought the first one I saw (big mistake) for $1000 and put another $1200 to get it on the road, and had a few problems since. Now 10 months later, she's almost dead at 395,600 km.
I know these cars can be very relaible so I just bought an '88 EX-i with 260,000 km on it. This one runs really well and is in great condition and I really checked it over and it seems to be a good deal for $1200. All it needs is an alternator and she's good to go.

89accordex
01-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Well i had a 89 mustang lx and the tranny was about shot in it so i saw my accord on a dealers lot and straight traded my mustang for it,this was in aug/03 so i only had it for 6 months,so far i replaced all the belts the altenator the brakes the battery ,plugs and wires and theres a tranny going into it as we speak i guess now that i think of it thats alot of parts in 6 months but most is just basic maintanece and i love this car so i don't regret getting it it also has 283,000 km on it but the engine runs A-1 ,my girlfriend wants a new car i told her have fun i'm keeping the accord for myself.

superaccord
06-03-2004, 10:31 AM
The reason I bought one is because I really wanted a 90-93 integra, and my dad found an 89 accord and said "hey I found a car that kinda looks like it, but it's an accord, wanna go look at it?" So I got on the internet, found 3geez.com and thought to myself...people really like this car.I said sure I'll go look at it and didnt think much of it. Right when i pulled up and saw the car sitting there I was like ahh that thing is sexy. So I bought it for 2500. Then 2 years later after lots of learning, I sold it for 500 and bought one in mint condition with 137,000 miles on it for 1800. Man, I love my 3gee.

MoonScryer
06-03-2004, 11:53 AM
I was a poor ol' boy working on a two person helpdesk at an Internet provider in Feb. 1999, and my 82 Olds decided to become one with a telephone pole. I convinced my boss to give me $500 off my next check, and with $300 I had, bought a 1987 DX 5 speed hatch with hail damage and bad front brakes. That was four Accords and I don't know how much money ago. I gave the hatch to my Dad and he put another engine in it, rebuilt the suspension, and drives it today.

dXsquared
06-03-2004, 12:37 PM
I was sitting at my best friends place one morning about to go play a game of paint ball when the phhone rings. It was my father. We recently had a huge accedent with our daily driver VW FOX, and it was writen off. From that day on, we drove the 500 HP, 8 MPG trans am everyday. It was time to find a new car. My dad found this wicked Honda hatchback. He told me it was a baby blue 86 Honda Civic hatch. i was bummed cuz it was the old style hatch, slow and kinda ugly color. The next day we go see it and its the car formerly know as DXHATCHBACK. I was miffed cuz ive never seen one of these b4. I saw the lights and knew right away. So we bought it, cleaned up the body a bit and drove her. First mod was removal of the muffler. That busted the flexpipe so we got a temp "test pipe". Wow.. it felt kinda quick. No cat, muffler or flexpipe made it loud and pull pretty good. Thats when i decided to find out about the car. I searched a bit and found the 3rd gen AF forum. Became a member and started modding 2 months later. I did it all at once. Lowboyz, weber, header, exhaust, prelude tranny swapo and new clutch. Then it was stereo, wheels and tires and h4's the next month. Thats where i stopped.

Now im rolling a new chassis with 100K less on the engine... in a week or 2, the completed DX2 will be photographed and put on display for you all to enjoy

Travis

my86dx4dr
06-03-2004, 05:35 PM
I woke up one morning and it was in the driveway....

:werd: same here

cahil_1
06-04-2004, 12:56 AM
It was love at first sight for me, and there are more to come;)

unc25
06-04-2004, 09:37 AM
Well I had a 2000 Mirage that was on its way to becoming a beast. But I lost my license, had to sell it, and after paying my fines, fees and my classes and my own insurance this was about all I could afford. 1986 Accord Hatch DX with 167k a manual and A/C for $700. I cant say its the best car I have had but certainly the best bang for the buck!

johndej
06-04-2004, 01:32 PM
how about all 4 and the fact that my dad wanted me to learn to drive stick

86LXItooFAST4me
06-04-2004, 01:46 PM
lol, i was strapped for cash and a vehical, and it was a car for 300 dollars running so i checked it out and fell in love with the 3G accord! they are great cars.

3G Jester
06-04-2004, 05:01 PM
for the bitches and hoes.

pixiesfan78
06-04-2004, 09:35 PM
great thread idea.i got mine three years ago this chick i knew was like hey i got a car you can buy for 700 i was like oh great onother lincoln town car with bad susspensin shes like no its an 87 accord. right when she said that i was like lets go see it shes like well one detail i kinda sold it to this frind of mine but he hasnt payed me for 6 months if you want it you gotta go get it im like wheres the key? it took me three days of scouting around this kids appartment before he came home it was like 3 in the morning and i had my gfriend drop me there i hiested it.sweet it was like that repo men show.ive had her for three years and it only keeps getting better. i loved 3 gees the firs time i saw one tricked out in like lowrider in the mid 90s. it was destiny that brought me that car and this hopefully wont be my last.i want an lxi or sei coupe.