PDA

View Full Version : Custom Grille

'A20A3'
12-31-2003, 01:08 PM
I'm currently working on a custom grille and partial front faschia for the Accord. i need some ideas, so if anyone has done custom work, or has any interesting pics of custom work, please post them. I need some more ideas.

I'll be posting pics of my custom work upon completion.

HondaManDan
12-31-2003, 01:15 PM
I suggest making it dip down into the top of the front bumper....

know where that chrome/plastic grille is on the hood? make something to go there, but goes lower and in a more circular fassion that dips down into the bumper, then cut the bumper to fit... i think it'd bust up the "blockyness" of the front end.

HondaBoy
12-31-2003, 11:47 PM
i have made mesh grilles for my car. the first one replaced the whole original grille and looked pretty tight. then i decided to just make an insert for the original. it goes behind the chrome bezel thing. i dont have any good pix of that right now. i was thinking of doing a horizontal egg crate type grille or honey comb type, painted red or another color.

'A20A3'
01-01-2004, 03:36 PM
I suggest making it dip down into the top of the front bumper....

know where that chrome/plastic grille is on the hood? make something to go there, but goes lower and in a more circular fassion that dips down into the bumper, then cut the bumper to fit... i think it'd bust up the "blockyness" of the front end.

The 'blockyness you speak of is what makes a 3G a classic 80's car though...