PDA

View Full Version : More performance parts found for the 3geez

n88accordLX-i
06-30-2002, 10:07 PM
well i was looking for parts, on a new car that i might be getting and i found this site , im pretty sure it hasnt been posted before so anyways...

http://www.opmmotorsports.com/products/honda/accord/86_88accordlxi.html .

Jims 86LXI HB
06-30-2002, 10:38 PM
Someone (can't remember who) did a posting in the last 2 weeks about how they called them to ask about the engine parts and was told they no longer sell them. But they said they still sell the suspension parts and I hope that means the LSD as well.

guaynabo89
07-01-2002, 03:26 AM
That was me.:D

Yeah I asked him about the lsd and he said they would still be converting them.

Sabz5150
07-01-2002, 04:29 AM
:bow: Limited-slip differential :bow:

-5150 :bandit:

ACCORD EX
07-01-2002, 11:39 AM
675 $$$$ ???? :eek:

i don't know how much does usually cost ! but does it worth it ! ?

MIKE

jteuton
07-01-2002, 04:57 PM
when i had my svt contour i was looking around and the cheapest i found for it was 1200 dollars. Must be more to it than i thought...Anywayz my 88 lxi doesn't have that much wheel spin and neither should anybodies on here unless heavily modified engines(talking automatic...i never launched a 5 speed lxi...does it hop bad?)....jteuton

Jims 86LXI HB
07-01-2002, 08:59 PM
July 2002 Car&Driver comparo test BMW 330i vs. Acura TL type S.

On the TL Type S. (Which just got a LSD for 2003).

"Our reservations about its handling went out the window after the first curve was negotiated. The car's spanking-new limited-slip differential produces an amazing transformation that conceals any sugestion that it is a front-driver." "Love the way this bites into coners. The limited slip really works. Inspires lots of confidence."

That my friends is what a LSD is all about, better launches from a standing start isn't the only benefit.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-01-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by jteuton
when i had my svt contour i was looking around and the cheapest i found for it was 1200 dollars. Must be more to it than i thought...Anywayz my 88 lxi doesn't have that much wheel spin and neither should anybodies on here unless heavily modified engines(talking automatic...i never launched a 5 speed lxi...does it hop bad?)....jteuton

:huh: I enjoyed test driving a SVT contour more than test driving a Acura RSX Type S, why on earth don't you still have the SVT? (Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have the RSX for a LONG term relationship).

Proper strut dampning will control wheel hop on agressive launches. I never had wheel hop with any on the struts I've run on my car wheather it was factory struts(in good condition;) ) Konis, Bilsteins or the revalved Bilsteins I'm running now. I try not to have wheel spin on launching, but sometimes it happens:rolleyes:

jteuton
07-02-2002, 12:12 PM
i loved that car and still think alot of it....would have never gotten rid of it. Rain mixed with a bad curve had different opinions though. Tried to find another one to no luck. I came across the accord and have high hopes and dreams for it. I think i can make it outperform my old contour with a LOT of work. For anyone interested the contour was 2.5l dohc i think 195hp at the fly. i can't remember what the regular v6 contours came with. Boy was it hard to launch.....jteuton

CARBurn
07-02-2002, 07:41 PM
Wow, I have a lot of respect for Ford SVT vehicles(with the exception of the last ford mustang they produced:( )

Ford Contours SVT were nice compared to the regular Contour 24valve with only 170bhp. I still can't believe ford produced it.

Hoshizakido
07-02-2002, 10:31 PM
yea svt even says they didnt get what they accpected out of their last mustang. They came out with the new one at the end of may 390lb of torque 390hp its gottin good reviews from all the magazines.