PDA

View Full Version : Were do i connect my oil feed line from the turbo

evans 86prelude
01-01-2004, 09:00 PM
hey, i have a 89 accord with a A20A3 which i plan to put in my 86 honda prelude si which i might put a turbo in it.
Would i connect the oil feed line from the turbo to the oil pressure sender or somewhere else?
thanks

Justin86
01-01-2004, 09:34 PM
to the oil pan.

evans 86prelude
01-01-2004, 10:02 PM
yea my return line i connect to the oil pan
but the line that oils the turbo (feed line) where would i connect that to the engine to get oil to my turbo

4sillypwr
01-01-2004, 11:04 PM
from the back of the engine off of the oil pressure sender. Go to www.homemadeturbo.com and read the FAQ thread in Forced Induction. Everything you need to know is there.

-David

evans 86prelude
01-02-2004, 02:55 PM
it will work but might be too much pressure for the turbo
but i am just thinking about all the stuff i need to make this work

AccordEpicenter
01-02-2004, 06:04 PM
run small diameter tubing or get a restrictor for the turbo oil feed.

PhydeauX
01-02-2004, 06:13 PM
Its not going to be too much pressure. Taping it off the oil pressure sensor is a common practice. On my nova I installed a remote filter/cooler kit and tapped the turbo feed into the return line from the filter and cooler to make sure the turbo gets some nice cool, clean oil.

andy

Johnny O
01-02-2004, 07:09 PM
You need to tap into the oil pressure sender.It is not alot of pressure,you need a lot of oil pressure to kept the bearings lubed and cool down the turbo.You should use a -3 steel braided line to feed the turbo.You have to T off were the oil pressurer sender located.You need to use 1/8 npt fittings because the o.p.s. is a 1/8 npt.T it off the block and use fittings which use can buy a home depot in the plumbing section.Any ?? p m or e-mail me.

evans 86prelude
01-02-2004, 07:39 PM
yea i probably will do that with the t- fitting but first i have to find a turbo to use (thinking of a DSM or get one of a probe. Then make a manifold (possibly a log style)but first i have to pull the motor out of my 89exi and put it in the lude then do bodywork on it.

mykwikcoupe
01-02-2004, 09:45 PM
rob posted a link once to a little fitting for like 10 bucks. It made all the different fittings into one so there was ne chance of leaking or playing with legos. Ask him for the link again.

4sillypwr
01-03-2004, 06:43 AM
rob posted a link once to a little fitting for like 10 bucks. It made all the different fittings into one so there was ne chance of leaking or playing with legos. Ask him for the link again.

Do a search for Earl's fittings or plumbing. Pegasus racing has most of the stuff you need.

-David

PhydeauX
01-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Yeah but why pay $10 for a fitting you can get at home depot for 50¢?

andy

4sillypwr
01-03-2004, 12:49 PM
go right ahead and plumb something important with stuff from home depot. I used to work there I know how good their stuff is. Yep you just go and do that.

-David

evans 86prelude
01-03-2004, 05:33 PM
well as long as it works, but you guys helped me out alot thanks

RobT5580
01-04-2004, 08:30 AM
The fitting is from Tuner Toys and it is the best iv seen with the proper threads. If you go to www.homemadeturbo.com and in the top of the market place you will find it. They are now coming out with a 3rd output hole for a mechanical gauge or another oil source. If your going to do something you should do it right and especially when it involves lubricating parts especially a turbo. I dont know about you but i would be pist if i blew my $950 turbo because of a cheap ass fitting. I mean i didnt pay that much for it but there is no saying i can get it as cheap as i did the first time and thats the going price of the turbo i have. Also you can buy a whole kit from a user named steathmode on HMT its $80 for all the feed/supply lines with the tuner toys fittings so you cant go wrong with that.

evans 86prelude
01-04-2004, 05:29 PM
yea well i would kill myself if i ruined and 950 dollar turbo, mine won'T be that much because i am going to do a junkyard turbo buildup but still you want it done right and no oil leaks if your looking for a clean engine bay like mine is right now and i would like to keep it that way, so like you said use good stuff to do it right the first time

AccordEpicenter
01-22-2004, 04:09 PM
I can vouch for Rob, i got one of the kits and they are very very nice, stainless braided feed/drain all the fittings you need... check it out guys.