PDA

View Full Version : wire harness kit

89accord_lxi_coupe
01-02-2004, 06:51 AM
hey fellas, i'm about to go to Best Buy to get a wire harness kit. those who know about my former stereo understand. the wires that lead from the speakers to the stereo are still connected to the white wire harness piece in my dash. what i need is the piece for the stereo itself, my friend is giving me his old kenwood that he replaced if that makes a difference about what i need. is there a specific number kit i should ask for or what, i've never bought one of these before. TIA!!

89accord_lxi_coupe
01-02-2004, 09:04 AM
hey thanks for the help!!! really like having this read by several people and no one even gives a little help.

shepherd79
01-02-2004, 09:14 AM
just ask for honda wirring kit.
it should say on the box what years.

HostileJava
01-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Well I'm not sure what your asking. There are actually going to be 3 connectors total. If you didn't rip out your original harness that connector number 1. Next your going to have the 3rd party harness that will have a connector on one end that connects to connector number 1, this is connector number 2, which will just end in wires on the other side. Lastly you have the connector that goes into the kenwood unit, connector number 3. Connector #3 may end in wires or it may have the old connector that went to the car it came out of. Test the harness on the end to see if it will connect to connector #1 if it doesn't than cut it off and solder the wires from connector #2 to the same colors on connector #3.

Edit: Somtimes pictures speak louder then word(and so do my l33t mspaint skillz):

http://www.hostilejava.com/wiring%20harness.jpg

dXsquared
01-02-2004, 10:42 AM
i think you want the one that plugs into the back of the Kenwood.. if so, best buy will have to order one and you could get it real cherap online...search for wireharness in Google.. there is a supplier online that deals to the public...

Travis