PDA

View Full Version : Remote fuel door? Opinions?

Sabz5150
01-02-2004, 05:21 PM
I've been thinking about buying a small cable actuator (like the trunk openers) and attaching it to my keyless entry unit so I can open my fuel door via my keyless remote (I have two extra buttons besides lock and unlock). Anybody think this is a good idea? I kinda like it myself :cool2:

kicker1_solo
01-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Well it's your call. If you think it would be easier for you or something, then go for it. If you're just doing it to impress your friends "hey guys, check this shit out *pop*" then I say no lol

Sabz5150
01-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Well it's your call. If you think it would be easier for you or something, then go for it. If you're just doing it to impress your friends "hey guys, check this shit out *pop*" then I say no lol

It's easier for me so I don't have to run back into my car after I've prepaid my gas (Welcome to Richmond, just about everywhere's prepay now. A bit more convenience for me. Plus if I do the trunk the same way, I can remove the levers next to the driver's seat so if I do get broken into, they'll have a harder time getting into the trunk.

HondaBoy
01-02-2004, 05:41 PM
that sounds like a bad ass idea. that would be vary cool. my 02 accord has a remote trunk opener. i like that idea.

HostilesHoney
01-02-2004, 06:48 PM
The trunk yes, the gas no. I don't see why u can't pop the gas when u get out go pay for it and then open it all the way and pump it.

Edit: HostileJava, Not Jen

BITESIZE
01-02-2004, 07:33 PM
KABOOM, If the a little spark happens by gas or vapors.

Sabz5150
01-02-2004, 07:34 PM
KABOOM, If the a little spark happens by gas or vapors.

The actuator will be far enough away from the door to prevent that. It'll basically be a 15lb solenoid that yanks the cable when electricity is applied.

mykwikcoupe
01-02-2004, 09:36 PM
I just thoght of that mythbuster episode where they tested the cell phone myth. I talk on mine all the time arond the pump now. Ive been lechtured and all. Freak them. Im a post whore. Oh and sounds cool if you take the existing cable, run it under the seat to get rid of the factory location and mount the actuator under there for botht eh trunk and the fuel door. Id say for a real kick, move the fuel door to the area behind the taillight and then do this. No fuel door to look at

HostileJava
01-02-2004, 09:43 PM
The area behind the tailight? As in next to it or actually behind the light?

lostforawhile
09-29-2006, 06:34 PM
BOO! back from the dead,did anyone ever try this? I already did the remote hatch release,I was thinking of tieing a cable into the existing door release handle and adding a solonoid,can be operated eithier manual or remote. I also hid the levers with a fiberglass cover that can be removed.

russiankid
09-29-2006, 06:47 PM
It sounds like a cool idea, but if it's possible i'd do something that my brothers BMW has. If you lock the car with the key and turn the key to lock it then turn it again and if any windows or sunroof is open it will close it, he wired it up so if you hold a button on the alarm remote it will close everything.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
09-29-2006, 06:57 PM
It sounds like a cool idea, but if it's possible i'd do something that my brothers BMW has. If you lock the car with the key and turn the key to lock it then turn it again and if any windows or sunroof is open it will close it, he wired it up so if you hold a button on the alarm remote it will close everything.

Any alarm system can be wired to do this by simply using a window control unit on an auxilary output.