PDA

View Full Version : snow!!!!

Justin86
01-02-2004, 06:55 PM
I woke up to 6" of the white stuff this morning and had a little fun today. I did a little mobing down my street with the 17" on which didn't work too good. So after 30 mins I put on my studded snow tires, then I really had some fun cause I could build up speed! Did some sweet drifting in the parking lots and back road mobing.
Well with very little ground clearance and 5"-8" on certain roads a lot of it got built up on my radiator, supension, axles, shift linkage, and exhaust piping. In fact there was about a good willbarrow load of snow collected on the underside and the weld broke on my glass pack and from the header back my exhaust fell off. There was snow in the pipe from it getting dragged and it was a wet bitch to weld and hang back on. I need to get the pics developed and I will try to get some of the video hook up for all to see. I will get more video and pics tomorrow and try to upload them soon. :cheers:

Mystic1
01-02-2004, 08:08 PM
yah I heard you guys are getting hit with a butt load of snow up there. Sounds like fun. Wish I still had my old 4X4. I loved plowing past the 'turn around point' set up to keep people off of 199 from the tunnel to Cave Junction. There is nothing like being on a snowed over HW and being the only vechical that has been threw. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

MrBen
01-02-2004, 08:48 PM
29 degrees tonight, and forecasted 5 inches of snow... then tomorrow night it will be 15 degrees! Man!

MattsAccord
01-03-2004, 12:32 AM
I live 20 minute from Justin and it snowed like 4 inches here. But tonight is is really icy. After I got off work at 11 I went to the costco parking lot and started doing reverse donuts and stuff alot of fun. Justin are we still on for tomorrow. call me in the morning.

Bloodlust
01-03-2004, 06:19 AM
HAHA for once in my life its snowing out west and like 60 degrees here. :D

Coitis1
01-03-2004, 08:06 AM
i got nothin. It was forecasted as one of the worst winters around here in 10 years, but yet i'm sitting here w/ my back door open, enjoying the warm temps. I did want snow though, i'm kinda disappointed.

Justin86
01-03-2004, 10:48 AM
Yea Matt I'm doing nothing sat. Well of course we got no new snow today but the chance is still here for another 3days. Yea I know what you talking about Mystic, there is nothing like hitting up that virgin snow. :D

i.c.
01-03-2004, 11:04 AM
dang....when we RARELY get an inch people freak.... then stuff like school buses with drivers that have never driven on anything remotely close to ice and snow skid through a red light fly over a brick wall and into an apartment complex...

Justin86
01-03-2004, 11:12 AM
dang....when we RARELY get an inch people freak.... then stuff like school buses with drivers that have never driven on anything remotely close to ice and snow skid through a red light fly over a brick wall and into an apartment complex...

Yea last time I was in the going over the passes the state police made us chais up for 1/2 of pack snow. I was just mobing through 6" of this shit no problem!

accordlxi2.0
01-05-2004, 08:33 PM
that's how it is down south(miss it).
but we got hit up here too!
don't make fun but i was kinda being a bitch cause i did'nt want no deja vu happining with my car compared what happened with the cat.
it stopped pretty well , once i trusted my abs i was drivng crazy.

Dibbs
01-06-2004, 06:04 AM
OK...which one of you damn Oregonians sent the cold down this way. The damn high today is supposed to be 44deg F and the wind is blowing like a bitch. Texans aren't used to this crap!

RustyHo88
01-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Quit your whining Dibbs :D . Today we have a high of 8 and a low of -10 here in Da U P, Eh? My heart goes out to all you Minnesotans and North Dakotans.

Dibbs
01-06-2004, 08:17 AM
Quit your whining Dibbs :D . Today we have a high of 8 and a low of -10 here in Da U P, Eh?

Yet another reason I left Green Bay (Damn UPers, :D )

I got payback in the summer though. I'm walkin' around, enjoying the 86 deg weather and ppl are dropping like flies from heat strokes. :kekeke:

NXRacer
01-06-2004, 10:46 AM
ARGH, this is so not cool. I thought i'd be driving my accord by now, but NOOO, it had to snow and $hit so ihavent been able to go out and get the damn thing done.......oh well, my wagon is probably capable of handling the weather better then my accord so its probably a blessing in disguise.