PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof leaking air...

Bloodlust
01-03-2004, 09:53 AM
I've had this problem for basically as long as I have had the car, and its so annoying so Ive had enough and I am going to take care of it now. I searched for leaky sunroofs and all I could find was about leaking water, not leaking air. The problem starts when I hit about 65-70 mph, then inside my car it sounds like an F5 tornado. I can barely hear my music over it. I was wondering if anyone knew of anything I could do to fix this. Its an aftermarket sunroof, so I know thats one of the problems there. If anyone knows what I can do I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

k-roy
01-03-2004, 10:04 AM
Hmm aftermarket. Do you have any way to adjust it?

86AccordLxi
01-03-2004, 10:45 AM
Get one of those wind deflectors.

Alex

'A20A3'
01-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Weather-Stripping...

Bloodlust
01-03-2004, 11:10 AM
I dont know of anyway to adjust it. Maybe there is some way to do it though. I had one of those wind deflectors before I got the car painted but it didnt really work. Plus it looked ugly. I think my best bet is to redo the weather stripping.

Mike89Accordcom
01-03-2004, 11:29 AM
make sure the gasket going around it, is air tight.

MrBen
01-03-2004, 12:47 PM
I went to Fred Meyer and found some tubular foam that was 3/8" and squeezed it between the gap of the sunroof and the car. I don't know if your sunroof is the same design, but that worked for me as a temporary solution.The foam was in the weather stripping section and cost me 97 cents.

You can also buy this caulk sealant in the weather stripping section also. Basically it's a flat piece of caulk, just not as sticky. You could lay it down somehow and I'm sure this would form a better seal.

nswst8
01-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Latex foam @ Home depot/ Lowes. comes in a can and it won't over expand and easy clean up. Just a thought if your having trouble finding adequate weather stripping.
LOL
NSWST8