PDA

View Full Version : 3g accord vs 2g lude

jweller
07-01-2002, 06:05 AM
are they basically built on the same platform? they look A LOT alike. just trying to find some info out. might buy one for super f-in cheap. going to look at it later today. gotta find out what is wrong with it, the body looks to be in excellent condition. possible swap candidate:D

ACCORD EX
07-01-2002, 12:10 PM
is it with A20A1 engine or A18 ( dual carb ) ?????

anyway i like the ludes because they are much lower and looks much sporty ! :D

MIKE

88WhiteLX-i
07-01-2002, 05:58 PM
My dad's got one. It's a 5 speed, he drives it fucking fast. It's a peppy ass car, cus' it's so light. It doesn't look like 3g's at all realy except for the flip up lights, but the hood indent on the 2g prelude goes in and on the 3g accord it goes up. If the body is in very good condition and the engine hasn't been beat on at all I would buy it. It' would look awesome with a new paint job and rims......

jweller
07-01-2002, 06:35 PM
couldn't care less about the motor... it's getting something in the B-family if I buy it. looking for a CHEAP project. got hung up at work today so I couldn't stop and look, but the windshield says $400. I can get a B18B from a teg LS cheap, so I'm just wondering If all the info about a Bseries swap into a 3g accord applies to a 2g lude

I kinda have the feeling that for that price, it isn't running. I'm thinking timing belt went and took the head with it.

I'm looking for a 2nd car. it's got to be Cheap, somewhat quick, easy to work on and reliable. this is really starting to look good

87DXHatch
07-01-2002, 09:30 PM
Are you saying that the 2nd gen preludes with dual carbs don't have the same engine as ours?! I thought someone a while back said that the two had the same engine...

I was looking forward to my brothers lude dying so I could buy his transmission/seats/other stuff from him... are you saying now that I have been waiting in vain?!

peace :D

Sabz5150
07-02-2002, 04:07 AM
One of my good friends owns a 2g Prelude, we raced not too long ago. I took him once, he took me once.

The Prelude is a lighter car, and has that sportier tranny.

It would be cool to see a race between a 2G Lude and 3G Accord, both modified to the hilt.

-5150 :bandit:

PhydeauX
07-02-2002, 07:25 AM
If I'm not mistaken the placeraceing kit also works to swap a b-series into a gen2 lude. There is also always the option of the b20a.

andy