PDA

View Full Version : help!!!! Alpine alarm hook up.

shepherd79
01-03-2004, 03:50 PM
ok guys. this is the first time i am installing alarm.
i scored brand new in the box alpine SEC-8027 mobil security system.
i know it is the older model but it is brand new. I paid $50 for it.
anyway, i understand most of it except a few things, please help me guys:

1. lock/unlock doors: the alarm has 5 wires for door lock/unlock.
here what they are:
door lock (normaly closed) (87a mark on relay)
door lock (common) (30)
door lock (normaly open) (87) this one looks like a power wire for door locks it has 20amp fuse.
door unlock (normaly closed) (87a)
door unlock (common) (30)

the setup came with one relay for the doors.
how do i wire that?

2. it has a wire and it is marked door switch (+/-). what does it do?

3. parking light flash: it has 2 wires :
parking light flash (normaly open-87) it has 10amp fuse. it says to 12volt or ground, so which one?
anf the other one parking light flash (common-30) and it looks like it connects to the 12v parking light wire.
am i correct?

4. starter cut: it has one wire and on the picture it connects to the relay. how do i wire that?

guys please help me.
thanks.

shepherd79
01-06-2004, 04:55 AM
come on guys, i know some of you have installed alpine alarms.

POS carb
01-06-2004, 06:26 AM
I swore I answered this yesterday, must've closed it or something

1) my brain hurts, I don't get it

2) let you select what type of swith your car's door sensor has, ours should be (-) trigger

3) you are correct but you don't need that relay, hook up the input signal to the fuse box under the dash, you will see a terminal towards the upper right that has 3 terminals side-by-side, labled "1,2,3" use the #3, 12v signal here will activate the car's parking light relay

4) starter cut is basically cutting the positive lead of the starter switch and hooking up the two ends you've created (by cutting the wire) to the 86 and 87. This should be normally open, which means that the signal can't jump from 86 to 87 unless the 30 is energized with 12v (by the alarm).

This is the way I hooked up my Alpine SEC-100, yours should be similar

catalin
01-07-2004, 12:31 AM
1. Alarm contains built-in relays that need to be wired up properly. Basically what you have to do is either supply a ground pulse to your existing vehicles' (I'm assuming a 3rd gen Accord) power door lock circuit. Or if you are adding actuators then you have to provide the locks a positive pulse on one wire while the other wire rests at ground. Commonly reffered to as a reverse polarity circuit.

For a ground pulse do this;
The normally open/fused wire connects to a good chassis ground.
The two lock/unlock common wires connect to the existing locking circuit in the vehicle. Locking wires can be found in either the drivers kick or under the passenger seat. Colors are green/white for lock and green/red for unlock.

For reverse polarity do this;
Connect the normally open to a constant postive 12volt supply.
Connect both the normally closed wires to a good chassi ground.
Connect the two left over wires to the actuators.

2. Just what POS said... except I'm quite certain it is the door trigger input to the alarm. Connect it the black.white above the underdash fusebox.

3. Normally open goes to your constant 12v positive supply and the common goes to the pin that POS mentioned in the underdash fusebox.

4. I believe there are two ways of doing starter kill with the Alpine. One being normally closed and the other normally open. Normally open is the more secure way which means that if someone gets into the vehicle and simply disconnects the alarm or cuts the power supply to it, then the vehicle will still not start.
Starter kill wire should be orange?
Orange kill to terminal 85 on a regular 'bosche' type relay (should be included). Ignition 12v positive (should be black/yellow at ignition) to terminal 86. The starer wire (black/white at ignition tumbler) should be cut and place one end of the wire to terminal 30 and the other to terminal 87a for normally closed or terminal 87 for normally open.
Normally open starer kill has to be programmed in order for it work.

5. If you're having problems getting done you should really see a local installer. Good luck.

shepherd79
01-07-2004, 01:40 PM
thanks guys. i think i am just going to pay local dealer to install it. they are alpine dealer so they know what they are doing.

MrBen
01-07-2004, 02:06 PM
Yeah, your alarm is very similar to mine and I was quoted 100 dollars for it installed.