PDA

View Full Version : Running Wires In The Back

jayp6969
01-03-2004, 06:06 PM
I have a 88 DX how do i run the wires throught the back seat do i have to unbolt it cause i cant seem to get it under the seat or at the side

88accordlxcarb
01-03-2004, 06:27 PM
I just did that. You need to take the backseat out completely. It makes it a LOT eaiser.

Look on the driver side top-half of the back seat. When you fold it down and look in the crack where it connects to the bottom half you will see a black clip. Remove this, and push the seat toward the passenger side. It should come out easy(carpet in trunk is attached). Then on the back of the bottom seat you will see one screw attached to a little bracket, remove this screw. Then the only thing holding the seat in is the little brackets on the front. Lift the seat up and you can see how to remove it from there.

Its really easy, wont take long. Be sure to run the power wires down the other side than the RCA cables. I ran the power wire down the drivers side because it has all the stock power wires on that side(didnt want any interference), and the RCAs on the other side.

jayp6969
01-03-2004, 07:13 PM
yeah its all done already and is hooked up i just wanna run the cables properly

88accordlxcarb
01-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Yeah, its not hard, i cant even tell there are wires in my car until you get to the trunk.

jayp6969
01-04-2004, 08:33 AM
actually urs must be different cause u got a lx....neways i found a wire harness running to the back and followed that and ran it up through that no problem....works beautifully.....now on to do the exhaust :)