PDA

View Full Version : might go on this week hopefully cross fingers :D

blazin3gen
01-03-2004, 09:16 PM
heh here my Dz Springs hopefully they will get on this week and ill get pics as soon as i drop it

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/469000-469999/469022_30_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/469000-469999/469022_31_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/469000-469999/469022_32_full.jpg

TJ89Accord
01-03-2004, 09:18 PM
cool man, post pics of the car after :).

tim

adams86lxi
01-03-2004, 09:21 PM
yea, deffinitly post pics!

AccordArizona89
01-03-2004, 09:59 PM
man ur gunna love the difference, i sure do!

BITESIZE
01-03-2004, 10:08 PM
It's about friggin time. :)

HondaBoy
01-03-2004, 10:33 PM
shit, i need some springs to make my prelude wheels look good. how much drop are we talkin? those are pretty in red!

shepherd79
01-04-2004, 05:18 AM
he will love the drop, but i am not sure if he will love the bouncing. i hope you got better struts than stock honda.

buzzbomber88lx
01-04-2004, 11:01 AM
yeah the stock struts go boom with drop springs but other than that you will love the looks and stuff.

BITESIZE
01-08-2004, 11:37 PM
R U going to put them on or wait till next christmas. :)

Blue Impact
01-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Luis, take my advice and GET A SPRING COMPRESSOR!! It'll make the job much easier (if you plan on lowering it yourself). :D Good luck.

BITESIZE
01-08-2004, 11:52 PM
You've got to be stupid if you don't use a compressor, it saves time and the spring won't take your head off.

Mike89Accordcom
01-09-2004, 12:17 AM
sweet, drop that bitch!

B16 ED9
01-09-2004, 02:09 AM
lol, you dont need a spring compressor, just 2 big blocks of wood, and have a person stand on each of them while you loosen it up. lol
its a lot more fun that way. hahahahaha

Vinny
01-09-2004, 05:37 AM
You've got to be stupid if you don't use a compressor, it saves time and the spring won't take your head off.

Now thats the voice of common sense. And make sure its the RIGHT compressor. The guys at the auto hobby shop here on base tries to rig up a set of compressors that were too big to do the ones off the honda. what a nightmare. One side slepped and I just about got a stut rod put THROUGH my finger. I ended up taking the front 2 down to goodyear and had them install them for 25 bucks

Blue Impact
01-09-2004, 09:20 AM
At autozone, they have spring compressors and strut-spring compressor. Get the strut-spring compressor. It's possible to lower a car without a compressor. My buddies' have done so quite a few times, but they had to be extra cautious. Good luck, Luis.

NXRacer
01-09-2004, 09:50 AM
ended up taking the front 2 down to goodyear and had them install them for 25 bucks
25 bucks?? damn, the local tire shop (les schwabs) wants something rediculous like $100 EACH STRUT/SPRING!!!!

im so tired of everybody saying you HAVE to get new struts when lowering your car. Sure, it IS the best way to do it, but your struts wont go out as soon as a lot of poeple claim. My struts never went out and my car was DUMPED. I dumped my g/f's car and her struts havent gone out yet and its been almost a year. I know a LOT of other people also who dont put struts in and they're just fine.

Springs are a way better choice then coilovers as far as ride quality most of the time unless of course you get adjustable struts.

nswst8
01-09-2004, 10:19 AM
It is recommended that he goes with compatiple struts to get the full effect of the suspesion mod. :cool2: He only increase his RISK of something going wrong with the mod. Lets say he cracks a drive axle, balljoint, tie rod or some other under carrige component with the excessive bounce.
Everyone has the right to post their opinions, just accept thats part of the things you cannot change. :argue:
I've got front Konis', H&R Springs and waiting for some extra cash to locate some rear Konis' if possible, but willing to go with Tokico HP in the rear if I cannot. :cool2:
I'm not going to do the job half way, and pray to the God of HOPE that nothing goes wrong. :bow:
Increase your risk with a simple mistake, reduce your risk with a smart choice.
Get the appropriate compressor for the job.
Just my opinion.
NSWST8 :cheers:

86AccordLxi
01-09-2004, 10:25 AM
I pulled the the front springs off without compressors (stock and h&rs when i replaced the struts). With stock, it was no big deal...with the lowering springs, i almost took out matt (cdscowboy) with the top perch. Twas funny. You can do it, just be SUPER careful..i wouldn't recommend it but if you're going to do it, don't use compressors on only stock springs since they're taller. A

Also, regarding struts, I blew my BRAND NEW monroes inside of a year with only h&r springs, which are the softest lowering spring available. And it sucked ass once they were gone. NOw, I've still only got the tokicos but it's WAAAAAAY better than stock. As Jim always says, do it right the first time...it saves a LOT of time and money.

Alex

goldyaccord
01-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Then I must stupid. I can't count how many times i have taken my suspension apart without compressors.. I just used the weight of the car for compression.

Pretty simple.

Justin86
01-09-2004, 12:15 PM
No shit when I remove my stock springs with out an compressor, well that shit goes flying fast.

shane_lxi
01-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Be careful man, those things are cursed!!! Everyone I know of that has bought springs, and not put them on right after they got them has had their car totaled about 3 days later (take my car for example... :( ) Just be careful where you park until you get them on, lol. AND DON'T TRUST THE OLD PEOPLE!!!

blazin3gen
01-09-2004, 01:53 PM
hahhaa lol dont rubb the bad luck on me :D lol

well somebad news for me well my mechanic left the country for 2weeks for a family emergency, and well it might not happen this week, the only reason why i havent attempted it is because i get off of work late, and my mechanic said he was gonna do all the work for free so im just gonna wait for him to install em dont worry guys ill keep u guys posted :D

thanks for all your coments guys!

jigga225
01-09-2004, 08:53 PM
yah i had those DZ's for half a day.
I had to go lower, to DZ coilovas

Blue Impact
01-10-2004, 12:16 AM
hahhaa lol dont rubb the bad luck on me :D lol

well somebad news for me well my mechanic left the country for 2weeks for a family emergency, and well it might not happen this week, the only reason why i havent attempted it is because i get off of work late, and my mechanic said he was gonna do all the work for free so im just gonna wait for him to install em dont worry guys ill keep u guys posted :D

thanks for all your coments guys!

For free? Are you sure it's not for other personal services? :D Still, it's free so you're one lucky bastard. Maybe you should watch him and learn. When I lowered mine, it only took me a little over 5 hours without proper tools. If an airhead like me can do it, I don't see why other people can't. :confused: