PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Rotors

HondaBoy
01-04-2004, 11:15 PM
since my friend got his new GTI, ive been looking up Neuspeed stuff. anyway, ive noticed their line of brake rotors for my car. looks like some good stuff. anyway, i liked the looks of the cross drilled rotors. they are about $85 each. there are a few differnt brands i looked at a while back that make cross drilled and slotted rotors. ive seen some of y'all lucky guys with em on your 3gees. i know that they will work a lot better than the stock original ones, so im not asking if they are good. im really wondering which ones are the best buy. quality is mosdef an issue here, duh! so, what do you guys with aftermarket rotors or accessory brake parts have, brands? and tell what is impressive about them.

86AccordLxi
01-05-2004, 12:27 AM
Not to be an ass, but why do you need better rotors? Do you auto-x? Have a you overheated the brakes? Your money might be better spent elsewhere. If you want better brake feel, pick up some nicer pads and maybe upgrade your brake fluid.

Alex

neoblue89lxi
01-05-2004, 06:32 AM
I've read that the brembo slotted and drilled brakes worked great for Jim. He says he will quickly slow down from 100 to 35 or 50 and his rotors haven't warped at all. He also used ebc pads I think.

MrBen
01-05-2004, 07:10 AM
My Honda rotors I got from Honda haven't warped in almost 2 years... and I brake hard.