PDA

View Full Version : New headlights on Ebay?

BITESIZE
01-05-2004, 10:01 AM
Check these out, I want to know what you think?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33710&item=2452511282

Mike's89AccordLX
01-05-2004, 10:08 AM
Yeah... umm.. I wouldn't buy those unless I actually saw them on our car. And I was wondering how you can convert your stock headlights into dual carbon fiber headlights. Sounds pretty scammy to me.

SteveDX89
01-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Don't buy those. They just took a sheet of carbon fiber, cut holes in them and stuck them on the headlight lenses. You can probably do it for cheaper than 50 bucks.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Wow that is really really :gay: I think if it were a conversion to sleepy eyes it would be worth the money but not for that.

bobafett
01-05-2004, 10:20 AM
yeah im sure its just a sticker :(

doug
01-05-2004, 10:39 AM
thinking about it, wouldn't it just be a matter of taking the stock black plastic piece on our cars already, finding two projector bulbs that would fit, then having a mold made of fiberglass that had the two projector holes and mount the projector housings? remember I'm stupid before you jump on me in case I missed somethig obvious.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-05-2004, 10:45 AM
Actually your right. That's all it would take. But if you want sleepy eyes it would be a lot more work.

Vinny
01-05-2004, 11:14 AM
thats some funny sheit there. I'm just mad that I didn't think of that scam first

nswst8
01-05-2004, 08:26 PM
Hey Mike, Define sleepy eyes. New concept to me.
Much respect to you and your ride.
NSWST8

blazin3gen
01-05-2004, 08:32 PM
hahaha that looks so dumb looks like a cardboard cut out

BITESIZE
01-05-2004, 09:32 PM
I was wondering if it was just a scam.....$50, yeah right, those dirty bastards.

Rendon LX-i
01-05-2004, 09:46 PM
Looks like a sticker. cuz u can see light coming from the edges. pay fifty for a sticker . Phuck that. can make my own. but who would want that.

zero.counter
01-05-2004, 09:53 PM
All or most of the parts for that kit are available at your local autoparts store. Those lights are pilot projectors, buy the relays (bosch), some high wattage fuses, prolly a highoutput harness, and gut the headlights, use some CF and mold around the lights. Adjust manually and that's that. The idea I brought up was with actual carbon fiber and is similar to the east bear kit for the S13s to replace pop-ups. I am still working on it BTW.

adams86lxi
01-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Looks like a sticker. cuz u can see light coming from the edges. pay fifty for a sticker . Phuck that. can make my own. but who would want that.

yea, it definitly looks like a sticker! lol :cool:

i.c.
01-07-2004, 03:14 PM
200 percent sticker

NXRacer
01-07-2004, 03:28 PM
But if you want sleepy eyes it would be a lot more work.
there is a universal sleepy eye kit.....its about 80 bucks though.
http://www.shopresponse.com/popup_headlight_controllers.html

crwa
01-07-2004, 06:41 PM
Sleepy eyes won't look good on our cars, I've seen a few AE86's with them and it looks weird,the effect will be way different then that of nissan's and mr2's.

But if anyone wants, I got some of that carbon fiber sticker stuf, so send me $50 and I'll make some for yah, I'll even make triple projectors for an additional $10...jk

NXRacer
01-07-2004, 06:46 PM
send me 3 normal ones and 2 triples. asap!! :rolleyes:

i was wondering how the sleepy eyes would look on our cars...i always thought it would look good......guess there's only one way to tell.....but they're kinda low on my priority list

SteveDX89
01-07-2004, 07:13 PM
i was wondering how the sleepy eyes would look on our cars...i always thought it would look good

Someone here on the board did it and posted pics. You'll have to search around for it.

crwa
01-07-2004, 08:48 PM
NX- I'll get right on that, you can pay half now and half when I deliever the finished goods... Off subject, but do you guys still have any racing going on down in Salem? Portland is pretty dead and I want to start again, and if you guys still do I want to come down sometime and check it out.

HostileJava
01-08-2004, 05:57 AM
send me 3 normal ones and 2 triples. asap!! :rolleyes:

i was wondering how the sleepy eyes would look on our cars...i always thought it would look good......guess there's only one way to tell.....but they're kinda low on my priority list

It's easy to find out, just pull the fuses that go to the headlamp motors and use the dials underneath the hood to bring the lamps partially up.

Rendon LX-i
01-09-2004, 09:38 AM
So what u can make your lights go up by dialing the shit up. damn i didnt know that. I was going to ask u all . since there is H4 H.I.D conversion kits. and it only uses 35 watts but puts out like fucking what 7,000k. thats nice. shit im running 85w but the output is 100. with the h4 conversion kit. i was thinking since have the h4 kit i can get that put a relay and shit. my friend said it can be done. H.I.Ds on a 3g would look Badass. what u all think

Rendon LX-i
01-10-2004, 04:20 PM
So wat do u all think?

zero.counter
01-10-2004, 04:25 PM
So wat do u all think?
I thought about it an ruled it to be cost-prohibitive. I would still like to see it on someone else's car though.

DarknessRS
01-11-2004, 07:04 AM
I like the HID look. Makes any car look better in my opinion. It's expensive though, $500+ just for the ballast usually.

My favorite light conversion is still this one:

http://darknessrs.tripod.com/EuroB20A.txt

Nobody has done it yet though. I'd also like to see more AE86s out there with the Levin front end instead of the kouki Sprinter bumper which seems to be so popular. (heck I've seen more 4AG 20v swaps than Levin front ends)

HostileJava
01-11-2004, 01:19 PM
If you are the winner of the auction please notify us of the make, model and year of your vehicle so that we may ship the proper kit. This product is very easy to install and the instructions make it a breeze. Bulbs are your option due to a large selection and varying qualities and preferences and they are not included. You get 2 carbon fiber covers, an adhesion substance (normally already applied to the covers) and directions on how to easily install the product. Im sorry we dont have a picture of that model, but we would love to showcase your vehicle if you wished. Thank you for your inquiry.

Rendon LX-i
01-12-2004, 09:37 AM
Yeah HIDs are spendy. But I got a friend that can get them pretty cheap. He gets them out of cars that been recked. So im going to see if he got H4 HID Kit

Micah 89LXi
01-12-2004, 10:06 PM
how can you say that those are pilot projectors...do you mean your project or that ebay crap...because those are stock headlight with a sticker you can even see that cheap horizontal lined reflector crap...did i meantion its crap..thats the biggest bunch of rice thats like exactly like painting over your tails to make them look like a skyline only gayer (btw im just in an agry mood sometimes those kind of tails look really good..in fact i think ill do that)

Micah 89LXi
01-12-2004, 10:33 PM
the thing about sleepy eyes is it would look way better if we had some kind of projectors that fit it...the way the conversion lenses work i dont think sleepy eyes would put any light on the road at all..not where you need to see anyways

Micah 89LXi
01-12-2004, 10:41 PM
and what do you mean about the ae86's needing more levin front ends...its a sweet car both ways....and initial D and the toyota sprinter trueno is partially the reason i got a 3gee (volume 3 is out now)

DarknessRS
01-13-2004, 02:50 AM
and what do you mean about the ae86's needing more levin front ends...its a sweet car both ways....and initial D and the toyota sprinter trueno is partially the reason i got a 3gee (volume 3 is out now)

I'm just saying that nobody with the 86 ever converts their lights to the Levin type. It would be a nice and unique conversion.

About the Initial D DVDs, I wouldn't recommend buying the Tokyopop ones you see at Suncoast or any other retailer. You're better off with the Hong Kong bootlegs on Ebay.

Rendon LX-i
01-13-2004, 12:13 PM
So what DarknessRS. your saying if someone converts ther lights H4s or Hids or whatever. its rice. ummm i dont think so. makes it look fucking bad ass. unless your car looks like shit then i understand. lol

lightbulblxi
01-15-2004, 03:10 PM
hids are the shiat homefry.

soljaboy2000
01-15-2004, 03:21 PM
I want to do a headlight conversion cuz I hate my dirty yellow looking ones and I was going to get these ones on Ebay (Diamond Cut Headlights (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33710&item=2452011243&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT)). So does anyone has these already and are they any good? Well they look better than the stock anyway so imma get it either way. :D

Micah 89LXi
01-16-2004, 01:40 AM
if u get good bulbs to go in em they are awsome...i got em...id never go back...but they arent that much brighter..and they are kinda distracting..course i havent put much money ino bulbs since my first ones burned out...as for show they do look sweet on the car..in fact i dont put them down anymore..heh...oh and dont worry so much about DOT SAE approved..like the cops would ever check...but make sure you get the glass housings...MAKE sure they arent plastic

DarknessRS
01-16-2004, 05:55 AM
So what DarknessRS. your saying if someone converts ther lights H4s or Hids or whatever. its rice. ummm i dont think so. makes it look fucking bad ass. unless your car looks like shit then i understand. lol

I never said this, read more carefully. First of all, if I don't like the way something looks on a car I call it ugly not ricey.

The biggest problem that I have with the H4 conversion is the fact that they aren't sealed. I wouldn't want water getting in there. Also, the way the lamps sit when the lights are down makes it even easier for this to happen. I'd only buy H4 housings made by Hella or Cibie, since they have high quality products. Then again, I'd only convert to H4 if I wanted to install HIDs.

My S14 uses H4 bulbs, and I've got a set of Sylvania Silverstars in there. They're nice, but like Micah siad, they're not much brighter than the normal halogens from the driver's point of view. When you're looking at the lamp itself from the outside, that's where the big difference is.

Sylvania also makes sealed beam Silverstars in the H6054 size, I'd suggest those. I haven't tried them, but they should be pretty much identical to an H4 conversion using the Silverstar H4 bulbs.

http://www.sylvania.com/auto/silverstar.htm