PDA

View Full Version : Gas Tank Issues!!

Dallas&SarahsAccord
01-05-2004, 11:38 PM
When i pump gas into my car...the gas just comes right back out the filler hole. It bubbles and spews back out. I think it may be because of a ventilation issue but im not sure. Its gotten much worse to the point that i cant put any gas into my car. What do i do? should i pull the tank? or disconnect the gas line and try to get some ventilation in there? i dont know what to do and alot of people have told me to pull the gas tank and do crazy things. Any Ideas?

BITESIZE
01-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Are you sure the tank isn't already full? J/k, sounds pretty crazy.

smufguy
01-06-2004, 08:24 AM
When i pump gas into my car...the gas just comes right back out the filler hole. It bubbles and spews back out. I think it may be because of a ventilation issue but im not sure. Its gotten much worse to the point that i cant put any gas into my car. What do i do? should i pull the tank? or disconnect the gas line and try to get some ventilation in there? i dont know what to do and alot of people have told me to pull the gas tank and do crazy things. Any Ideas?

Use a gas treatment bottle and see it works. Drive around for a while and then try getting gas. if nothing works. pull the gas tank (not hard at all) and clean all the vaccum hoses and replace them with new ones. You should be good after that

I had a similar problem where the filler kept popping out, no fuel sipplage, but the gas filler from the gas station kept popping as in saying my tank was full, but in reality it was not full, it was just a lil dirty.