PDA

View Full Version : another one..

ronin
01-06-2004, 12:19 AM
Just bought a 89 Accord LX-i coupe for $1000. I believe that they modded the odometer somehow because it only reads 122K miles right now but as i have checked the carfax report, it should have been over 200k. I just got some problems with it recently and the first thing imma do is to get the engine fixed since i got the check engine light 2 days after driving. Next will be the Audio system. At last the body and paint. If anyone lives near me and could give me some tips and instructions on hand, i'd gladly meet up.

that's all for now

k-roy
01-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Welcome to 3geez. There are a few Orange County users around. Even with over 200K a grand is not unreasonable if it runs well. Be sure to search and browse around. Feel free to ask questions, we are always glad to help.

Here is a list of engine codes
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=26342

Elijah
01-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Welcome I am sure you can find anything you need on this site!

BITESIZE
01-06-2004, 12:28 AM
If your check engine light is on, pop your head under your driver's seat and see what you computer says. There should be a little red light that bleeps, just count how many times it bleeps and let us know, we'll tell you what it means and how to fix your car.

ronin
01-06-2004, 11:34 PM
7 TP Sensor (Throttle Position)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

wellz..that son of a biatch just cost me $400 today. they had to order a brand new part for that, which cost $500 alone. lucky or not..i had free installation since this mechanic adviced me to buy this car which was in his care. Since this is an unexpected defect he said he'll install it free. There were used ones for $280 installed, but i said for the $120, i'd rather go brand new.
Engine seems not to have any problems so far besides that. I just changed the catalytic converter for coming smokcheck. I like this car so far except for the paint that's pretty worn out after 15 years. is this worth buying? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&item=2452869768)

thanks for the warm welcome by the way.

k-roy
01-07-2004, 01:50 AM
Thats an ok exaughst. Pacesetter is not exactly the quality of DC Sports or Borla if you know what I mean. It is kinda loud, a few users hve purchased it and put a differant muffler on. It can rust kinda easy and the paint can melt away. Thats what happened on a PS header I had. You can sand it down and coat it with 2,000 degree exaughst paint.

If you are gonna pay someone to put it on you might as well just go buy a good muffler and take it to a shop and have them custom bend some pipes. Its a pretty easy job for a shop to make some custom bends on the pipes and install them with your muffler.