PDA

View Full Version : WTF is this? Vogtland springs.

k-roy
01-06-2004, 12:35 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2451667836&category=33582

Anyone ever hear of or use these? I like the idea of a 1.2" drop with a progressive rate.
I am weary of any auction where they list a more common competitor in the title. Like "Mugen Style". They claim to be Greman made and 75% of NASCAR uses them. I dunno. I read a review about them on a Mustang and they liked them.

Mike89Accordcom
01-06-2004, 01:12 AM
I'd take a chance. I bought Goldline springs for my TL. A company I hadn't heard of, but took a chance, and they've been great. Where before I always bought Eibach.

ICEMAN707
01-06-2004, 01:16 AM
yeah they are german made springs. most BMW's and Porsches use them. they are suppose to be a perfect combo with KYB AGX adjustables..... but i think Konis will do fine too.

StUpiD8000
01-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Whats the rates on them?..Iwas looking at them too

StUpiD8000
01-14-2004, 08:46 PM
hey Jim,...You know if these are any good? Im in need of springs really soon....Link here (http://www.vogtland.com/english/fahrwerk.htm)

shepherd79
01-15-2004, 05:21 AM
i email them and asked them about the rates. i will let you guys know when i hear from them.

StUpiD8000
01-17-2004, 12:33 AM
cool...Thx...I tryed to e-mail them..But I dont think thay know what I was askin and I cant read German....

whyterice
01-17-2004, 01:41 AM
What is the difference between these and coilovers? Is there an advantage to using this instead of a coilover?

k-roy
01-17-2004, 01:48 AM
A spring is just a spring. It is non adjustable.
With a coilover you can adjust the ride height.

whyterice
01-17-2004, 04:28 AM
A spring is just a spring. It is non adjustable.
With a coilover you can adjust the ride height.

With a spring can you use any strut or would you want a stiffer strut to go with a lowering spring? Also, when lowering a Honda is it better to use a coilover or a lowering spring?

StUpiD8000
01-23-2004, 01:23 AM
Jim...... (Suspension God) ....You there???...

88LXi68
01-23-2004, 07:04 AM
Last week I saw Vogtland springs advertised in a car audio magazine. The ad basically said these drop springs were for people with stereos because these springs dont sag.

lightbulblxi
01-23-2004, 08:38 AM
i would say coilovers are better, some ride very stiff, like the dropzones i have. with springs, in order to raise your car for winter(or whatever) u must put the stock ones back on. with coilovers, you can adjust the height of your ride pretty easily.

Jims 86LXI HB
01-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Jim.........You there???...

When Vogtland first rolled out a U.S. ad campain saying they were better than H&R and Eibach I was asked about the company. This is what I said then and now. I had the H&R's on my car, I flat out loved them when paired with the Koni's. As much as I loved the H&R's I'm not lifting an eyebrow to Vogtland. See I had a setup that made my car a abolute blast to drive, let them try and top that, I highly doubt that. Only thing I had come to discover was that when pushed past 9/10's of the limit that the H&R's and Koni's weren't stiff enough, but who here drives like that ever single day. So that's where I was going when I had the Bilstein's sent off to be revalved stiffer. I was planning on going to coilovers with revalved Bilsteins so I could push the car past 9/10's of the limit and not run out of suspension stiffness like I was.

So, would I be just as happy with lessor struts than Koni's on H&R's or any other spring for that matter,.....................HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried the Bilsteins at first, YUCK was to soft, I had bounce and at the limit suspension control issues. Tokico H.P.'s are not going to be a stiffer strut than the Bilstein H.D., period. I pulled the Bilsteins off the car in short order because I could NOT STAND how they rode and drove. The Koni's were vastly superior. Now, when I found out that the Bilsteins could be revalved, I dusted them off and had them revalved. Once they came back and I installed them, they actually felt better than the Koni's, fealing was as if they were more refined, like more engineering went into them. Of coure my plans were scrapped when my 3g was totalled in a accident and I parted it out.

Sidenote: Those same revalved Bistein struts (front's only, I never owned the rears) of mine were tried on ground-control coilovers, they did not work at all, owner had lots of nasty bounce. I'm not sure if it has to do with a super low ride height and no suspension travel or if Bilstien can do a revalve special for linear springs vs progressive springs, that still needs to be worked out with Jack at Bilstein.

Here is on heck of a technical read on valving (skip down to like the half way point to get info on valving that is usefull IMO).
http://www.lemd.com/previous.cfm?id=12

StUpiD8000
01-23-2004, 10:59 PM
thx for the info..You know the rates on them..I like the small amout of drop..I want a drop..But i live in ohio and the streets SUCK... That and I cant really get Konis/affard R/Bilstein..I just was hoping that thes were even softer then the H&R and with the smaller drop... Then blues, tho still not enough, wouldnt be so bad...

StUpiD8000
02-02-2004, 12:59 AM
i email them and asked them about the rates. i will let you guys know when i hear from them.
Did you ever get a replay? I tryed, but I cant get one... And I really like the "sound" of these...so far