PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on replacing Kenwood

89accord_lxi_coupe
01-06-2004, 08:59 AM
several of you know why this was done.
well we got it hooked up and it works, sort of. unfortunately the numbnuts at best buy broke the false plate when removing the kenwood and putting in my friends Dual. we got the kenwood in and the CD player function works, the radio does not however. the readout on the front comes on and goes off whenever it wants. basically i've got this just so i have something to listen to on my rides to school. it was free, and you know the old saying... never look a gift horse in the mouth.

i've looked at walmart to get a player to replace the kenwood, suffice to say they most all suck. i then looked at best buy and found a couple of their Dual brand that i like. remember i'm not in this for a kickass sound system, just something i can listen to traffic reports and hear my music on. the first HU i liked was the Dual XD6100: 45W x 4 CD deck with preamp outputs, Auxillary inputs and a remote. all this for $79.99
the second is the Dual XD6200 for $109.99 running 50W x 4 CD with the same outputs and inputs and a removeable faceplate. the removeable faceplate i like better than the remote function. Brian (my friend) has a dual and i've heard it, i like the sound it puts out and it was an easy wiring job on the kenwood so i'm confident i can do the dual input. that would also save me money on installation. what are your opinions??

Hash_man_Se_i
01-06-2004, 11:09 PM
what do u mean by Dual?

89accord_lxi_coupe
01-07-2004, 06:09 AM
it's a brand name. best buy sales them, kind of like a house brand. like a sony cd player or an alpine cd player. this is a dual cd player.

89accord_lxi_coupe
01-07-2004, 09:19 AM
i could really use some input. i'm starting school soon (next week) and i'm getting to the point where i may just put this off for a while. the bad part is if i do put it off then it's more likely i won't do it. reason, money for gas and school.

shepherd79
01-07-2004, 01:36 PM
all i have to say is you get what you pay for. such a cheap unit will most likely break very soon.
if you add a few more dollars you can buy this unit. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051384108456&type=product&skuId=5288315&productCategoryId=cat03066&_requestid=44881