PDA

View Full Version : MFing holes

amalgumjoe
01-06-2004, 01:06 PM
I bought my car three years ago and this is the first year I haven't really driven it full time. When I bought the car the previous owner told me that there was a leak somewhere in the left front somewhere that caused water to drip on into the cabin when it rained. Now there doesn't seem to be a problem when the car is driven all the time, but when it's just sitting there not being driven it drips water into the cabin, which now is keeping my windows fogged and a lot of condensation inside of the car. I don't want to rip the dashboard apart, but if I need to I will, I was just wondering if any of you have this problem and know how to fix it. Preferably without tearing the dash apart. But I'm desperate I'll take any advice.

smufguy
01-06-2004, 02:00 PM
most likely it leeks thru the aircon intake under the wipers or the sides of your glass. Remove the wipers and take the black aircon shroud and see for blocked or clogged drain holes. Use some Engine Degreaser and clean it up and use some WD 40 or a Carb cleaner to get those hard to remove carbon deposits. Once they are done and u see any kinda rust or un needed holes. Block them using Silicon or Rust convertor to fix it/patch it.

For the sides of the glass, I would suggest ripping the dash out. Its only like 10 Screws and its painless to take the dash out. I have taken the dash out more than i can count and i have managed to do so in 10 mts. take it out, take the front A pillar covers see for any condensation or mildew and cauck em out with a silicone sealer.

PsychoPaul
01-06-2004, 03:28 PM
Well my car is rusty and crusty. But my leak came from my antena. I fixed my solution the old fashion way, Duck Tape hehehe. Yes gonna eventually fix that. Might want to check that out also. Unless you are sure it's coming from under the dash then forget what i just said....