PDA

View Full Version : NEED help with parts and SUPERCHARGER found

ICEMAN707
01-06-2004, 02:09 PM
i want to rebuild my a20a3 with performance internals. what are available in terms of cams, pistons, rods, valves, valvesprings, etc.?

also, i used to own a 96 probe gt and was into performance parts for it. i remember an external mount supercharger that was made for it. i wonder if this can work for the 3gee if put on the other side. better yet, if they make any for the newer accords since the intakes on them are on the same place and this supercharger can be put in the battery location. this would be alot easier than turbo since there is no custom manifold you have to fabricate.

here are the pics: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/2300/page-turbo.html

johndej
01-06-2004, 02:57 PM
hmm....... from what i've heard on this board, a supercharger wouldn't fit under the hood of a 3g. there is a turbo kit you can buy through sean that comes w/ everything you need i believe, try searching for it.

shepherd79
01-06-2004, 03:31 PM
you can fit supercharger but it will require a lot of work.

k-roy
01-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Yea save yourself all the headaches and get a turbo. Sean has allready delt with them.
The Probe unfortunatly has more performance parts available, being a Mazda and all.

You can get forged pistons and rods. Search for some of Sean's threads.
There is no aftermarket camshaft available, you can have yours reground. Search.
How would you put a supercharger in the battery location? A supercharger is belt driven thus it needs to be mounted on the drivers side.
As for the valvetrain, talk to Sean. He is the man who knows the most about making an A20 perform.

NXRacer
01-06-2004, 03:54 PM
or you could look in my signature for turbo parts available

ICEMAN707
01-06-2004, 07:36 PM
How would you put a supercharger in the battery location? A supercharger is belt driven thus it needs to be mounted on the drivers side.

i know it is belt driven. that probe's supercharger is mounted on the battery location. it uses a bearing axle rod that connects the supercharger to the belts on the passenger side. same can be done to the 3gee if possible. you can see it in the pics.