PDA

View Full Version : Door handle fugged up

sccrsteve5
01-06-2004, 04:04 PM
Hey, my driver side door handle is jacked up. I pulled on it and the right hand side(end closer to the back of the car) pulled up farther than normal and it didn't have the normal click. i tried again and the same side came out farther than normal with no click and the door did not open. Does anyone know how to fix this? Kinda sucks to crawl through the passenger side. thanks

k-roy
01-06-2004, 04:26 PM
There is a little bar that goes from the handle to the lock mechinism, it probably broke. Or it could be the latch assembly. Are you able to open the door from the inside? Either way it looks like its junkyard time for you.
http://www.pauldesign.ru
Get the manual to see a good diagram.

sccrsteve5
01-06-2004, 04:30 PM
is there any way of fixing it temporarily? how do i get to it?

k-roy
01-07-2004, 03:40 AM
I can't think of a temp fix.
You have to pull the interior panel off then remove the handle. Its a bitch.

sccrsteve5
01-07-2004, 02:03 PM
shiz. there are some marks on the side of the door handle on both front doors. looks as if they were taken out at some time to change the lock or something of that nature. my dad is going by the honda dealership today to see if they can fix it. if not then i am gonna be climbin through the passenger side quite often. the door does open from the inside or at least it did earlier today. I will post an update of what the dealer said when i get to talk to my dad. thanks

k-roy
01-07-2004, 02:24 PM
I hope your dad is willing to foot the bill. Dealerships are a huge ripoff for labor.

sccrsteve5
01-07-2004, 04:18 PM
they're gonna look at it tomorrow cuz they think its the clip and they'll order the clip...i'm not gonna let them install it cuz i do know about their ripoffs

kotseko
01-09-2004, 10:30 AM
I'm sorry to say that ur door handle is f----- up. Your going to need to replace the whole thing. If you pull the handle and it goes way up, you just broke the plastic piece that hooks to the latch. Same thing happened to me about a month ago and there is no quick fix. Went to the jyard and got myself a replacement ($20, make sure you color match). It's not that hard to fix it, if your mechanically inclined. You can also transfer the keyhole locking mechanism so you will still have the same key for the door. If you need help, just holler.

sccrsteve5
01-09-2004, 01:43 PM
I told my dad about this but there are no matchin accord handles in town. He didn't trust me putting it in either so the dealership is putting it on for a $150. this isn't kool at all...my dad said he'd pay for it though so thats fine with me...thanks for the help though guys

XxDark_AccordxX
01-09-2004, 01:48 PM
my honda does sumthin similar to that. whenever you try to open the passenger door, you lift the handle, but it doesnt click and you hafta really yank the sucker to get it open. is that the same problem? i really hope it wont cost me that much. ouch

kotseko
01-09-2004, 01:58 PM
dark accord - if it still does open when u yank the handle harder, then it just needs an adjustment. If the handle totally goes up and one side facing the keyhole is out of place, then you have to replace the whole thing.

sccrsteve5
01-09-2004, 04:36 PM
This B is barely hanging on...the side closest to the key hole comes all the way out, and the other side is holding it in. theres no way to open it. the parts in, going in on monday to get it put in...