PDA

View Full Version : Were do i mark

Rendon LX-i
01-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Ok im going to change my Disturbuter oring tommorow. Were do i mark it. yeah i know its a dum question but its different u know. im used to the ls distuburter. I justed wanted to know were to mark it so i dont loose my timing u know. gotta get this damn oring fixed. loosing to much damn oil. thanks guys

Josh

BITESIZE
01-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Mark it on the head, where the distributer bolts to. You can obviously see where it needs to be put back.

stolenracer
01-06-2004, 10:37 PM
hey man there is 2 ways you can put it back on the wrong way and the right way the right way your car will run right the wrong way it wont even start so when you take it off dont spinn the the little key looking thing on the back that locks in with the cam but if you do and put it back on if it starts up your golden but if it wont then take it back off and turn it 180deg.then your good
i just did my dis. fucked up the first time then tured it 180deg. and it was fine but becarefull not to snap the bults there r very easy to snap i would make sure to get new bolts there r like $1.00 each at napa

'89AccordLX(Rus)
01-07-2004, 02:12 PM
hey man there is 2 ways you can put it back on the wrong way and the right way the right way your car will run right the wrong way it wont even start so when you take it off dont spinn the the little key looking thing on the back that locks in with the cam but if you do and put it back on if it starts up your golden but if it wont then take it back off and turn it 180deg.then your good
i just did my dis. fucked up the first time then tured it 180deg. and it was fine but becarefull not to snap the bults there r very easy to snap i would make sure to get new bolts there r like $1.00 each at napa

Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know, the ditributor and the camshaft ends have off-set slot and key. It shouldn't be possible to install the distributor incorrectly. As for the marking, just make a line with a marker or something right across one of the mounting points where the bolt is. When you put it back, the marks just need to be lined back up.

stolenracer
01-07-2004, 03:40 PM
yes they are slotted the dis. would be the "key" and the cam would be the "hole" there is 2slots that stick out on the dis. and they slide into the cam there are exactly the same on both sides so it is easy to mix it up like i said try it once if it dont work take it off and turn it 180deg.

shepherd79
01-07-2004, 04:29 PM
it is impossible to turn the distirbutor 180 deg. the fork on the dist is slitly off set, which will prevent turning the distributor 180 deg. i think honda engineers are not stupid. i am sure they thought that someone would try to turn it 180 deg.
i tried on my car just to see if i can do it, and it is impossible. the fork didn't light up with the groove on the cam. if you don't believe me, try yourself.

Rendon LX-i
01-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Ok here the deal. i got the 2 bolts off but fuck it wouldnt come off. my friend was helping me. he saw a bolt on the bottem of the disturbuter but it was inpossible to get to. so idk want to do. take it in. or how u guys did it. let me know josh

stolenracer
01-08-2004, 04:51 PM
dude my buddy is a auto tech. he told me how to do it like 6 months ago i put it on wrong the first time then had to turn it ill even send you some pics if you want

stolenracer
01-08-2004, 04:52 PM
rendon if you have the fuel injeced engine there is 3bolts on the carbed engine there is only 2 the FI is a 3 bolt dis .

Rendon LX-i
01-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Oh thats why. Fuck well its hard to get a tool down there. I mean its just that bolt. The guy thats going to fix it for me charging 50 dollars. i can save me that money if i can get away to get that bolt off. Shit i tought i only hat 2 bolts but when i saw that other one i was like shit. i have FI so thats why. so how the hell did u guys get that bolt off. StolenRacer if u wanna post some pics or send me some its cool. thanks for your guys help

joker2
01-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Use a rachet extension and fish it past the heater hose straight to the nut, you'll be able to do it.... I did mine just the other night.... And all you want to do is just loosen them enough so that the distributor will move up or down but make sure to mark it first before loosening the bolts....