PDA

View Full Version : is anything wrong?

87accordlx
07-01-2002, 01:55 PM
hi guys:
today i did someting stupid, but everyone has prolly done it at one point, i accidently drove over one of those concrete blocks they put in parking lots to seperate the spots, i bottomed out, i wasn't going fast, i was just starting, i checked the oil pan and no leaks, the alignment seems alright, no odd noises, anything else u guys can think of that i should check, my car is not lowered at all

thanks

87accordlx
07-02-2002, 03:14 AM
anyone?

staticpat
07-02-2002, 06:45 AM
i know this is bad but i bottom out probably at least twice a month, it scares the crap out of me, but nothing ever seems damaged. the plastic plate under the car is torn to shreds though.

CoAsTeR
07-02-2002, 07:49 PM
YOU BOTTOM'D OUT?!!?!OMFG THATS TERRIBLE !!!!! YOU GOTTA GET ONE THING CHECKED BEFORE YOU DRIVE THE CAR ANY LONGER.... I MEAN SERIOUSLY IF YOU DON'T CHECK THIS, IT COULD MEAN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH!!! BOTTOMING OUT ON A PARKING STONE WITH YOUR ACCORD CALLS FOR A SERIOUS CHECK OF............ your eyesight. hahahhaha :stick:

just kidding buddy, I've done it a couple times too....... those headstones just jump out in front of ya! ya know?! ehhehehe.. car should be okay... I had my Crown victoria teeter-tottering on the frame before...... hehehehe....

:flip:

87accordlx
07-03-2002, 09:50 AM
heheheh always the jokester eh coaster
( the "eh" is secret canuck code)

POS carb
07-03-2002, 10:47 AM
just check for leaking fluids, if not you should be just fine

anchovies
07-03-2002, 12:40 PM
i had tht problem b4...yeah coasters rite...those bumps just jumps rite in front of ya

the biggest problem is figuring out if i should go back out or just go through it so it just hits my muffler instead
...i backed out...no problem though..and just one spectator a few meters away

HostileJava
07-03-2002, 01:22 PM
I only did that once but I made it count. I was taking my gf home from skating in her chevy wagon and I forgot that there was a big log in front of where I parked and gunned it. Well I got stuck on the middle of the log and had to have my friends push me over. Needless to say that was a little embarassing, but the car was fine.

87accordlx
07-03-2002, 04:39 PM
thanks alot guys, yaeh i decided to go straight over it rather than back out, i fiqured there is less expensive stuff at the back of the car, i put a nice dent in my muffler though, oh well an excuse to buy myself a catback system now :D

kennycm
08-01-2002, 08:34 AM
lmao, coaster, you are crazy. You had me rolling on that one.

ACCORD EX
08-01-2002, 12:06 PM
i would think of the oil pan ! the most fragile thing !

MIKE

87accordlxph
08-04-2002, 04:43 AM
Yeah, I'd say check for leaks and suspension. You should be alright though.

RedneckRicer
08-04-2002, 10:32 PM
my car drags on the ground half the time its on the street it seems. nice scrapes aaaalllll over the bottom but never touched the oil pan or muffler (cherrybomb) but my tip.... thats another story....looks like someone when after it with 36 grit sandpaper on the bottom