PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Accord of the Month!!

88LXi68
01-08-2004, 09:00 AM
I think with the number of swaps, turbos, new stuff that has been added to our cars we should bring back Accord of the month. Doesnt have to be anything crazy, just a little write up, nice pics and a little about the owner.

I would be willing to help out with this if need be

*87accordlxi edit*
I have created a new thread that combined elements from this thread and a thread started in the Foundation Forum concerning suggestions. We are in the planning stages of this, and are open to suggestions. If you have suggestions, then add them to the other thread.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=29338

SteveDX89
01-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Yeah, that sounds cool.

Bloodlust
01-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Im all for it.

BITESIZE
01-08-2004, 10:19 AM
Of course I'd be the first Accord of the month. LOL

Dibbs
01-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Cool by me!

MattsAccord
01-08-2004, 10:45 AM
You have my vote.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Would there be any rules or anything? Like if you have to be the current owner (like if you sold your accord or don't have it anymore would you be eligible for accord of the month?) Can you have your car more than one month in a row? If so then I think after a certain amount of months the car needs to be retired. I think how we could do this is to have 10 nominations for each month and then we would vote. Each nomination would have two or three pics for people to vote on. I think we should maybe break it up into a couple of categories. Performance of the month, Best in show of the month. I think that would be pretty cool. What do you guys think?

-Mike

88LXi68
01-08-2004, 12:44 PM
Would there be any rules or anything? Like if you have to be the current owner (like if you sold your accord or don't have it anymore would you be eligible for accord of the month?) Can you have your car more than one month in a row? If so then I think after a certain amount of months the car needs to be retired. I think how we could do this is to have 10 nominations for each month and then we would vote. Each nomination would have two or three pics for people to vote on. I think we should maybe break it up into a couple of categories. Performance of the month, Best in show of the month. I think that would be pretty cool. What do you guys think?

-Mike

I think you need to own the car and it could be a couple months in a row....but i doubt that will happen. Also, I dont think having different categories is good because we simply dont have THAT many members with quality cars.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-08-2004, 12:56 PM
Well I just didn't want anyone to be left out if they have a badass performance setup and a stockish looking car. I think 2 to 3 months would be good.

88LXi68
01-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Well I just didn't want anyone to be left out if they have a badass performance setup and a stockish looking car. I think 2 to 3 months would be good.

left out?? This isnt the 2nd grade where everyone gets included. The truth is that the majority of the cars on the board are used just for daily commuting. The people who modify their cars, whether it be performance, looks, etc are the minority. ya know?

Mike's89AccordLX
01-08-2004, 01:10 PM
True I see what you mean. Sounds like a good plan to me. I think we should set some rules up. Like people that nominate other people have to be a member for a certain amount of time. And then only one nomination by one person. Maybe we should just have the Mods nominate people b/c that would be a lot easier. What do you think about that?

MrBen
01-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Too much competition as I see it.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Well I think it would be cool b/c there's a lot of sweet cars no one really notices.

blazin3gen
01-08-2004, 02:14 PM
i saw its a good plan

good job steve..

Elijah
01-08-2004, 02:29 PM
I was going to bring this up a couple weeks ago.

NXRacer
01-08-2004, 02:36 PM
i think the best way to do it would be to just have a list of pre selected cars that are randomly chosen for the ride of the month. That way it cuts down on political bullshit, and makes less work for the mods and admins. We could choose the top 12 cars on the board and just go one year at a time.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-08-2004, 02:40 PM
That sounds cool and then someone could make a calander and then I could hang it in my tool box at school

NXRacer
01-08-2004, 03:06 PM
too bad we couldnt get paul do do the shoots for accord of the month........anybody closer then half way around the world who knows how to use a camera WELL??? :D

lightbulblxi
01-13-2004, 04:05 PM
well since dont have too many members, we should prolly jus do it like NXracer said or jus like have upgrade of the month to show who did the best thing to there car and have them write up a how to. that would include every one who does somethin to there car.

NXRacer
01-13-2004, 04:11 PM
upgrade of the month is an awesome idea. It be some incentive to do more stuff to your car.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-13-2004, 05:05 PM
I'm down with that idea. I think it would be nice to show off some of my upgrades that get overlooked. I have a couple of how-to's in the works.

Prelude Si seats install the easy way.

Custom Ram Air intake Box.

How to install a hoodscoop yourself.

How to make Z3 Fenders.

How to wire in headlight relays.

And there's more to come for me.

lightbulblxi
01-16-2004, 01:12 PM
so are we gonna do this or what?

Mike's89AccordLX
01-16-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm not sure how we go about setting this up other than all the suggestions I said. But do we need marc49 to confirm this or a mod?

NXRacer
01-16-2004, 02:12 PM
we could start by starting a thread for suggestions for ride of the month. Maybe talk to a mod to get somebody responsible for keeping a list and then taking suggestions for mod of the month as well. If us non-moderator/administrator types do most of the work, that may help the mods make a decision in our favor.

Lets make a decision about who will start the thread so there arent 2 or 3 started at once.

87accordlxi
01-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Let me know (PM, AIM chat, Email..) when you come up with a consensus on...

1. How people will be nominated.
2. How we choose the winner
3. How we keep track of who has already won, and when they won
4. How long can it be before someone who has won can be nominated again
5. Requirements, if any, that are needed to be nominated
6. Whose job this should be to handle (A sticky situation, and no we aren't adding new staff for this)
7. Who comes up with the write-up for each month (I'm thinking whoever nominates the person should do the write-up)
8. How it will be displayed (announcement, sticky thread, combination of both? It cannot be off-site)
9. Deadlines for nominations and for choosing the winner

NXRacer
01-16-2004, 02:34 PM
1. How people will be nominated.
We'll setup a poll and just gather a list of the top 'peoples choice' rides

2. How we choose the winner
as random as possible so no favorites

3. How we keep track of who has already won, and when they won
we'll have a 'mod' to keep track of who has won

4. How long can it be before someone who has won can be nominated again
since its ride of the month, i'm guessing a year....there are plenty of nice rides that we dont have to have the same one twice....unless we dont come up with enough or there is an overwhelming amount of votes for a duplicate

5. Requirements, if any, that are needed to be nominated
it has to be nominated for a ROTM

6. Whose job this should be to handle (A sticky situation, and no we aren't adding new staff for this)
we could vote for that as well? (any other ideas?) I think it should be a paying member IMO.

7. Who comes up with the write-up for each month (I'm thinking whoever nominates the person should do the write-up)
whoever nominates should do the write up.

8. How it will be displayed (announcement, sticky thread, combination of both? It cannot be off-site)
probably a sticky at the top of the accord pics thread? It would be nice to have a main page on 3geez.com where we could put it, but thats another discussion.....

9. Deadlines for nominations and for choosing the winner
it would probably be good to have the winner picked a month in advance then on the first of the month it would be posted up.

I'd be willing to take on this project unless anybody has a better suggestion. Im up for any suggestions.

PsychoPaul
01-16-2004, 02:55 PM
my 2 cents.... i would like to see something like this!

goldadition
01-16-2004, 06:52 PM
wow i really like this idea. this sounds really cool.
i think that their should be a limit on how many times a member can vote for the same nomination.
i.e. say PsychoPaul NXRacer 87accordlxi are all up for nomination to be ride of the month. and i vote over and over again until my fav. one is the top pick. make sense??
ok another one is that anyone who is nominated cannot vote for themselves. Duhhh!!!
Nick

Dennis
01-16-2004, 08:04 PM
good idea :cool2:

lightbulblxi
01-19-2004, 05:30 PM
i still think it should be upgrade of the month, then it will give people ideas on what to do next, plus we already kno what most people have from their site and weve seen their car, but not always the new stuff added.

lightbulblxi
01-19-2004, 05:34 PM
plus this way, u can win more than once, and get some recognition for doing one thing that u busted ur ass on, not all at once.

NXRacer
01-19-2004, 09:38 PM
we got the permission to go ahead with ride/upgrade of the month. If anybody has ideas, shoot away. Soon there will be a poll to get a list up of rides of the month and we'll work in an "upgrade of the month" in there as well.

lightbulblxi
01-20-2004, 11:53 AM
i think if we did somethin cool to uor ride, we nominate ourselves and tell what we did in a thread. i f people like it, just post who should win like a week b4 the month ends.

Justin86
01-20-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm game. :)

BITESIZE
01-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Refer to post #4 of this thread. :)

lightbulblxi
01-20-2004, 02:08 PM
how about not, lol

NXRacer
01-20-2004, 02:46 PM
AOM is being worked out right now. We may or may not also have an upgrade of the month. Right now we're trying to just work out how we'll setup AOM. more to come soon.

Justin86
01-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Refer to post #4 of this thread. :)

ha funny ass, but probably true. :tongue: