PDA

View Full Version : New findings (Part 2 of Blow by problem)

guido28
01-08-2004, 09:03 AM
removed hose going from pcv valve up to efi box and there is great suction from efi box thats ok

removed air filter box (stock hate it gonna make a custon cai with k&n soon)
bottom of box and half of filter full of oil and still pooled up in pipe behind box,
i think i found my main oil leak because entire frame under engine coated in oil also there is a small leak in timing chain cover but i can live with that until i change chain next month...

what could be causing such a blow by problem out of engine that i am getting pooled up oil in air filter box, and could this be why i blow smoke out of exaust and engine boggs down or is that a seal problem still you think how can i relieve this pressure temporarily until major engine diag / overhaul???

88LXi68
01-08-2004, 09:10 AM
I think the engine is blown.

shepherd79
01-08-2004, 09:18 AM
if you have oil in your air filter, your PCV valve is not working. remove the valve and shake it. if it rattles it is good. if it doesn't make any sound you need to replace it.

mowery
01-08-2004, 10:03 AM
excessive crankcase pressure is usually due to a ring problem. I had a 2G that had a couple of broken ring lands, and the air filter housing would have a pool of oil in it every few days.

Justin86
01-10-2004, 12:59 PM
yea it sounds like it is time for new pistons and rings. Remove the valve cover breather hose and you will have oil being thrown out that is also why there is oil leaking everywhere else cause there is too much preasure in the valve cover and it just goes out every where. New pistons and rings cost me $100 and $15 to have them installed on the rods.