PDA

View Full Version : Got My 3gee Back!

HondaBoy
01-08-2004, 08:57 PM
well a few weeks ago the water pump had decided to fuck up on me. so i got the replacement and got the timing belt and other belts. anyway, i took it to get it worked on and have been waiting 3 days for it. well its back. the guy who worked on it did a pretty nice job. it runs better now. now is a bit quieter than it was. he said the timing was way too far advanced, which from what i remember isnt good for the 3gee's engine. i think to get the performance its better when the timing is set back a bit. anyway, he set it just right. now it has that purr sound that it was supposed to have. its never sounded that good since ive had it. it still has a clicking comming from the air suction valve at the front right near the valve cover. thats about $130 brand new, so i will look for one at the junk yard. anyway, it ran good when i took it out. it pretty damp in the air, so it wasnt performing like it usually does. the total cost of this was $280. i couldnt get any better price than that for the whole project. oh, and the oil leak that i thought was the cylinder head might just be the distributor. i think thats what he said. told me if i wanted him to replace the gasket he would charge about $20, so thats something to look foward to i guess. now im running without the A/C compressor belt, so maybe when the air dries out some i'll see small gain in power.

buish
01-09-2004, 01:32 AM
try tightening the air suction valve pipe before purchasing. i had that same problem, and just turned out the pipe was loose.

HondaBoy
01-09-2004, 10:28 PM
loose? maybe so, but not when i checked it. i think the mechanic would have tightened it if it was loose. ill check tomorrow before i go to buy a "new" one. maybe it could be the little hose, i know from experience those love to go out. anyway, i didnt do much driving tonight, but what little i did felt pretty good. the car seems to have more power to go up hills. the mechanic must have done something to the valves too because he sealed the valve cover. probley tightened them because a few were slightly loose, probley what caused some of the clicking noises. well, its running realy good now! i think i may want to set my idle a bit lower. when it settles down after warming up it idles at about 1200-1500rpm. its supposed to be about 1000rpm in park. thats pretty easy cuz its just a screw to turn.