PDA

View Full Version : L.E.D. on AC control panel?

OldSchoolSwap
07-01-2002, 04:27 PM
My freaking LED's on my air control panel are going crazy, they turn off and 10 minutes later they turn on.
I switch the vent modes to troubleshoot it a bit and I found out that they all die or work at the same time.

Everything works properly, its just the LED lights that are acting up!:mad:

I'm to lasy to try to figure this out. I checked fuses but don't find nothing weird.
Is there a control module (box) that controls these?

Any ideas guys?

TeKKnoTeKK
07-01-2002, 04:43 PM
sounds like a short or ground problem to me...as far as the wires to check I have no idea.

YK86
07-01-2002, 04:53 PM
It's probably the bulb. It happens alot for some reason. If you pull the panel off and play with the bulb a bit to make the contact better (with the circuit board), it seems to fix it for me.

TeKKnoTeKK
07-01-2002, 04:57 PM
but I think what he is saying is that more than one bulb is doing it....

pimp86LX
07-01-2002, 05:12 PM
..if more than one is doing it maybe they're wired in series...ya know like those dammed x-mas tree lights that all go out if one bulb does....maybe someone has the haynes wiring diagrams
?

monsonhonda
07-01-2002, 05:38 PM
the christmas light thing might be right, but it could also be the resistor, all led lights need a resistor to work, and if the led's are all together and the resistor is screwed up, that could be it.

im not sure about this, its been a while sience i did the whole led wiring thing.
peace

fussell

YK86
07-01-2002, 05:43 PM
I don't think it's an LED. It's usually just mini bulbs back there. If all the lights on the panel are doing it, maybe it's the plug?

OldSchoolSwap
07-01-2002, 07:50 PM
good point guys. I tried to take off the panel and it pulls half way out because the dam temperature and fan switches don't want to come off. I don't want to pull those switches out to hard because its plastic and it might brake, now what?:rolleyes:

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-01-2002, 08:13 PM
The temperature and fan knobs just pull right off. They're stuck on there pretty good, but with a little work they pop right off. Easiest way is probably to use 1 or 2 flathead screwdrivers with some cloth or masking tape or something over the end to keep from scratching, and just pry them off. Then the whole piece comes off -- grab the little lip on top of the temp/fan speed panel, and pull out and downwards at same time, and it pops right out (gotta disconnect the blue plug before taking it all the way out). Then it's just 2 or 3 screws and the plug, and the button assembly will pop out. It may also be kinda tricky to get out -- it might slide halfway out and kinda get stuck, but just fiddle with it and it will come out.

Each button has it's own LED light on it, so if they'r all going out and coming on at the same time, it's got to be a bad wire connection or a bad solder at the main connection or something.

:)

OldSchoolSwap
07-01-2002, 08:29 PM
Cool! I'll give that a try tomorrow.

A20A3Power
07-01-2002, 09:34 PM
i had he same problem..turns out the solder connections that light up the LEDs...well over time they break..and they have a tiny hairline crack in them....well... that tiny crack is whats makin ur lights go on and off....i pulled the whole panel out...and then just put a soldering iron to each solder joint and remelted it so it would join together as one....i havent had a problem since....just be careful when u are puttin the knobs back on the fan speed and temp....cuse u have to push really hard and i snapped the plastic support on the side a little...i found out a little wd40 on the inside of the knobs makes em slide on....and i found out too late that the little line on the knobs is supposed to light up...mine never did that lol....

1988starter
07-02-2002, 12:05 PM
Look in the how to section there is a thread in their.

OldSchoolSwap
07-02-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 1988starter
Look in the how to section there is a thread in their. I'll feel stupid if i do find the answer there :huh:
Oh well! at least all of you have been verry helpfull, i'll let you guys know what happens later today (after work) :)

pimp86LX
07-02-2002, 12:23 PM
the temp knob is spoda light up? was that on all models?

OldSchoolSwap
07-02-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by 1988starter
Look in the how to section there is a thread in their. You were right http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118 :ego: it was right :deal: all the time!!!

OldSchoolSwap
07-02-2002, 04:12 PM
Ok! I FIXED it!!! :) :D :) :super: :wave:

Thanks guys!

carotman
07-04-2002, 06:10 PM
shame on you :)

OldSchoolSwap
07-05-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by carotman
shame on you :)
Why? cause i didn't check the FAQ and How to section?:(
I know, I know..... i'll do better next time ;)