PDA

View Full Version : need help with "Light Switch"

Iceburn
01-10-2004, 05:38 AM
Hi every 1,

My light switch has broken. broken no like it break, but it is not working, it turns from light off, to park ligh and light. but it is not working, and my parking lights r always On, fo all the time i have to remove the battery wire, i search here but not luck to find it in the junk yard, and new is too expensive.

1) so can any one find me a light witch and tll me how much it would be.
2) what r the wirring colors for the parking and the light, in the switch.

i am planning to put for the time being a external switch, will the high low will work and the dimper will work or only the light....

need help and suggestion...

because its very difficult to drive in night with out light...

thank. :bow:

Coitis1
01-10-2004, 06:45 AM
this could be a couple of different things. The first thing that pops into my head is the combination switch on the steering wheel column. Your combo switch has your turn signals, headlights, and wipers on them. Mine started going out a while back and i finally decided to fix it last summer. You can pick up a combination switch at the junkyard for $30-$40, and they are really easy to install. I've never done any work on cars, and i was easily able to put the new switch in. The other thing that comes to mind, is it your parking lights that always stay on, or your brake lights? I had the problem of my brake lights staying on, and there was an easy fix. Underneath the dash, near the top of your brake pedal, theres a little black button. Thats a switch. At the top of the brake pedal, you should see a little rubber stopper in a whole. Whenever your brake is not in use, the stopper should be pushing the little black button in, and thats what causes ur break lights to go off. Sometimes that rubber stopper will break and fall out b/c these are old cars, hence causing the problem of your brake lights always staying on. If that is your problem, u can just tape a penny where the stopper was, thats whay i and others have done. If it's your reverse lights that are always on, i'm wouldn't know, sorry.

shepherd79
01-10-2004, 07:08 AM
it is combination swtich. i have seen this happen a lot.
they are cheap here in the US.

nswst8
01-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Well, let met tell you what, I'm am going on a jundyard safari hopefully this weekend and I will keep and eye out for the switch for you and then we could trade for something, but my only concern is which side is your steering column on left side or right side and which side of the steering column is your light switch on left or right side. Get back to me ASAP. :cool2:
See ya,
NSWST8 :cheers:

Iceburn
01-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Well, let met tell you what, I'm am going on a jundyard safari hopefully this weekend and I will keep and eye out for the switch for you and then we could trade for something, but my only concern is which side is your steering column on left side or right side and which side of the steering column is your light switch on left or right side. Get back to me ASAP. :cool2:
See ya,

Thanks every (Coitis1) for help. yes its the same switch which has the light , wiper and turn signal. all of then works fine , evin the bimmper, but the swich of like seem to be broken from in side...
i checked its the switch, problem..

i will be happy if u going there and if u would a switch , we can trade inform me what r u looking for.

thanks to evey1 :cheers:

nswst8
01-11-2004, 02:26 PM
:cool2: It only came as a whole unit. I'm not going to try and send you the tumble switch. I'll send you the whole set up and then you can decide what you want to do. Me as simple as it was to remove, I would just replace the entire unit and use yours fo spare parts. Anyway it will be on its way tomarrow. LOL