PDA

View Full Version : Help Please ECU & EGR Valve

surfer2124
01-10-2004, 12:08 PM
My PGM-FI light hasd been on since July and my ECU is spitting out a code 12. I finally got a new EGR valve from Honda(it took me forver to find the correct part) and just installed it. I am still getting a code 12 from the ECU. I am also haveing bery bad ideling problems. When I start it the car is ideling up around 3k rpms then it goes up and down from 1k to about 2k constantly. It is very annoying. Any Ideas?

Thx
Dominic

cruznz
01-10-2004, 12:46 PM
may have a vacuum leak, check the hose's for the egr

Justin86
01-10-2004, 12:46 PM
You need to disconnect the battery first, then see if the EGR code stop and a new one of the idle shows up.

surfer2124
01-10-2004, 01:04 PM
I disconnected the battery and then took it for a spin I am still getting a code 12. I just finished taking the junction box apart and making sure all the vaccum hoses for the EGR look good and they do. I am rerally stuck and I don't understand why the computer is saying code 12 if I just replaced the EGR valve

Thx
Dom

Justin86
01-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Well there is also the selonid in the vacum box. You need to get a vacum tested and the repair manual to find out where the problem is. If you don't have the manual I can send you the info.

cruznz
01-10-2004, 01:30 PM
other possible causes could be faulty CVC or EGR control solenoid in the junction box or faulty wiring

surfer2124
01-10-2004, 01:31 PM
I do not have one can you post the info here or email it to me @ [email protected]

thx

surfer2124
01-10-2004, 02:06 PM
I do not have one can you post the info here or email it to me @ [email protected]

thx

cruznz
01-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Fuel Injected Engines

1. First check that all vacuum lines and electrical connections are in good condition.

2. Disconnect the vacuum supply hose to the EGR valve and connect a hand vacuum pump to the valve.

3. Start the engine and allow it to reach normal operating temperature.

4. With the engine at idle, draw a vacuum on the EGR valve. The engine should stall (or run very rough) and the valve should hold vacuum. If not, replace the EGR valve.

5. Connect a vacuum gauge to the vacuum hose from the control solenoid valve: there should be no vacuum at idle. If there is vacuum to the EGR valve at idle, check the wiring for the control solenoid. One wire should have 12 volts anytime the engine is running. The ground wire goes to the ECU, which modulates the control solenoid opening by controlling the ground circuit. Turn the ignition switch OFF and use a digital ohmmeter to see it the wire between the ECU and control solenoid is shorted to ground. If the wiring is OK, the ECU is getting an incorrect input signal or the ECU is faulty.

6. The vacuum going to the control solenoid valve should be about 8 in. Hg (200 mm Hg) at idle. Connect a vacuum gauge to the hose coming from the air chamber. If the vacuum is not correct, read the vacuum at the CVC valve outlet. Full manifold vacuum should be available at the CVC inlet. If the air chamber or CVC valve is are not functioning properly, the units must be replaced.

surfer2124
01-12-2004, 09:23 AM
Thanks I will work on that and get back to you guys

Justin86
01-12-2004, 01:15 PM
hope it works. :cool2: