PDA

View Full Version : hose help

cdixon311
01-10-2004, 08:41 PM
I have a few hoses still unattached on my carb. All of these will be from the
perspective of you standing at the front of your car facing the trunk, front is closest too you and back is at the firewall.

On the drivers side over the tire there is a group of six hoses that plug up there. There's two rows, I have all the numbers for the top but the back two on the bottom are numberless. These are the numbers I do have:
32, 30, 17
31, ? , ?
I've found the two probable hoses but neither of them are numbered either, one comes from the ac idle boost, and the other from a cluster of hose connections nearby.

On the metal portion of the hoses there are three instances when they stand
straight up in the air, some bend at the end, but the base is straight up. Two are on the passenger's side (one has a factory looking cap on it) and one at the back. If anyone knows what the other end attaches to I'd appreciate it. Also there is one hose coming from the back that has *# printed on it, and the top hose from ACV-A. Wow, turns out I had a lot more than I thought, no wonder it doesn't idle right.

A20A1
01-10-2004, 09:18 PM
On the drivers side over the tire there is a group of six hoses that plug up there. There's two rows, I have all the numbers for the top but the back two on the bottom are numberless. These are the numbers I do have:
32, 30, 17
31, ? , ?
I've found the two probable hoses but neither of them are numbered either, one comes from the ac idle boost, and the other from a cluster of hose connections nearby.

Look under the hood for a sticker... it should detail the location of those hoses.

On the metal portion of the hoses there are three instances when they stand
straight up in the air, some bend at the end, but the base is straight up. Two are on the passenger's side (one has a factory looking cap on it) and one at the back. If anyone knows what the other end attaches to I'd appreciate it. Also there is one hose coming from the back that has *# printed on it, and the top hose from ACV-A. Wow, turns out I had a lot more than I thought, no wonder it doesn't idle right.

The one next the the one with the factory plug on it goes to an air bleed valve... the hose that connects there comes off the base of the air cleaner.

Also at the rear of the carb you'll see a port that sticks up... that also hooks up to a hose from the air cleaner.

I have a good diagram somewhere... I'll see if I can post it for you.

A20A1
01-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Gah... not the best but I hope it helps some.

geofstan
01-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Where they attach to the metal pipes there should be a plastic number tag on these, or try following the pipe along until you find a number, just a thought.

cdixon311
01-11-2004, 01:19 PM
thats the problem the tags are missings and some lines aren't numbered, and I've tried tracing them down to locate another number but haven't found any. I have the diagram from chilton, but can't read it well enough, not from lack of trying. As for an underhood diagram, when the last engine died on me it was shooting oil everywhere including the bottom of my hood. I can't read them at all.

cdixon311
01-12-2004, 10:26 AM
How could I forget the air cleaner, o well, havent' seen that thing in over a year. That took care of almost all of them except for those two.
32, 30, 17
31, ? , ?
Don't just post the numbers, cause the couple of hoses aren't numbered.