PDA

View Full Version : Help... Subs stopped working...

crwa
01-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Well for a while now my subs have not been working... I finally got around to checking everything and to my surprise everything was perfect. The amp has power running to it and the fuse in the amp is not blown. All the wires are connected to the amp, subs, and in the box. The fuse running from the battery is not blown either and all the grounds are hooked up. The bass controller has power running to it and so do all my other speakers. Everything is connected to my deck but still the subs are not hitting. They are not blown, they don't hit at all, I can turn up the bass and nothing...

I'm planning to stop by a car sterio shop and see if they can do anything, but i thought I'd see if anyone here has had something like this happend...

So anything you can throw my way would be great...

zero.counter
01-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Well for a while now my subs have not been working... I finally got around to checking everything and to my surprise everything was perfect. The amp has power running to it and the fuse in the amp is not blown. All the wires are connected to the amp, subs, and in the box. The fuse running from the battery is not blown either and all the grounds are hooked up. The bass controller has power running to it and so do all my other speakers. Everything is connected to my deck but still the subs are not hitting. They are not blown, they don't hit at all, I can turn up the bass and nothing...

I'm planning to stop by a car sterio shop and see if they can do anything, but i thought I'd see if anyone here has had something like this happend...

So anything you can throw my way would be great...
Give me a mental map of your connections. Make sure that your wires are not crossed, and try hooking them up to a known working amp (the subs).

adams86lxi
01-10-2004, 09:49 PM
some decks have a on off button that turn the subs on and off check your manuel to see if you have one.

shepherd79
01-11-2004, 07:06 AM
does your amp powers up?
check the subs. the connection inside the box may got loose.

crwa
01-11-2004, 12:42 PM
None of the wires are crossed, and the amp has power running to it, the power light on it comes on and so does the safety light, and I already pulled the subs out of the box and all the wires are hooked up and tight fitting... So I don't know???

3G Jester
01-11-2004, 01:55 PM
safte light comes on? that measn its still getting power....probably either too mcuh power or no ground. the safty light would go on when my ground got bumped off. it was still gtting power but had no ground. also trn down your subs to a lower level. sometimes the saftelight goes on so you dont blow your shit out.

crwa
01-11-2004, 05:22 PM
The safety light just means on my amp that it is running properly. I checked the ground and its fine, still the same way it was when it was installed. There's no way the amp has to much power, the volts in my car are at 12 all the time and the amp is not powerful enought to blow the subs...