PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer Cable Install

brianc85
07-01-2002, 08:42 PM
Can anyone give me a quick how to on installing a new speedometer cable. Mine broke on the bottom that connects to the engine. I bought a new cable but im not to sure how to install it. I was reading up on it and it says that some models you can reach up behind the dash and unsqrew the cable so you dont have to take the whole dash off. Does anyone know any quick ways or tricks to this? thanx

brianc85
07-02-2002, 10:10 PM
come on dont be shy... i know someone knows but is to lazy to type it all up PLEASEEEEEE someone help :(

cruznz
07-03-2002, 05:53 PM
:cool: ok....not sure with ur model...but ,i have to remove my dash, to disconnect speedo , because dash fits into a sort of tray with just a couple of holes for speedo etc to come thru.....so can't get my hand up to it anyway :mad: :cool: .......

the other end of cable fit's into the speed sensor for power steering...(assuming u have power steering):confused: .....and fits in only 1 way which u should notice..........

I found it easier to pull cable out from the engine bay side with you or someone else guiding it past the wiring to the firewall.....it should have a rubber boot on it to which attach's to firewall...pop it out as you pull cable out.....try to remember the path of the cable in behind the dash.....

Put the new cable in from the dash end......following the same path as old 1.......connected end to tranny.....etc......etc.....

Hope this help's.....:bandit: