PDA

View Full Version : alarm install question

mouchyn
01-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Ok, I have installed dozens of alarms on many kinds of cars. I have searched these forums, as well as other resources. I still can't seem to find the door-trigger wire.

All the documentation says it's a black/white wire in the driver's kick panel...

Well, it seems like every wire on the car is behind the driver's kick panel, and there are several black/white wires. I have tested all of them with my multimeter, and none of them seem to be on the door trigger circuit.

Where is this F*cking wire?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris

mouchyn
01-11-2004, 01:11 PM
oh, by the way...

i have an 89 LXI hatchback.

shepherd79
01-11-2004, 02:04 PM
power lock = green/white
power unlock = green/red

it is there. you can't miss it. you can even see it to do into the door.

mouchyn
01-11-2004, 03:46 PM
power lock = green/white
power unlock = green/red

it is there. you can't miss it. you can even see it to do into the door.

i have a hatchback. I don't have factory power locks. I installed my own power locks. That's not the problem...

I'm looking for the wire that triggers the dome light for when the doors are open. It's the wire that triggers the alarm when the doors are opened.

catalin
01-11-2004, 05:32 PM
i have a hatchback. I don't have factory power locks. I installed my own power locks. That's not the problem...

I'm looking for the wire that triggers the dome light for when the doors are open. It's the wire that triggers the alarm when the doors are opened.

In a green plug to the right of the steering column or above the fuse box. Black/white is the correct color.

mouchyn
01-11-2004, 11:46 PM
i found it. It's a black wire, white stripe, 1 silver dot.

i tested every single black wire down there and finalyl found it.
pain in my ass...

POS carb
01-12-2004, 05:17 AM
can you check to see if it is also triggered by the passenger doors?

mouchyn
01-12-2004, 01:39 PM
it is. this wire operates the dome light, so whatever switches trigger the dome light will trigger the alarm.