PDA

View Full Version : How to change fast idle

POS carb
01-12-2004, 11:19 AM
For the lazy people, this is in the How-To section

Basically turn the yellow screw at the right counter-clockwise to lower the fast idle RPM, clockwise to raise it. You can actually lower it down so that there is no difference when the car warms up, however I found it best at around 1200 RPMs. If you go too far you may pop the linkage out of place and then you have to remove the whole linkage and put it back together.

http://members.fortunecity.com/accordex87/CarbSetup_files/MVC-011F.jpg

:argue:

MrBen
01-12-2004, 11:25 AM
Does having a low fast idle RPM cause anything to happen? IE, is it better or worse than having a high fast idle RPM?

cdixon311
01-12-2004, 06:20 PM
could this screw be the reason my car idles at 2k?

rollinhnda88
01-14-2004, 12:30 PM
now how far does that screw come out, so i dont turn it all the way out because it is a pain to get to as it is but i cant really tell how far it comes out. but would this screw help my problem..... problem is, is that everyonce in a while i will start it and the idle will jump to about 2 1/2 grand and if i touch the gas it will go up to 3 or maybe a little higher and it will not go down what so ever..... you can sit there for ever trying to get it to go down but if you shut it off and let it sit for a few hours and go out there and start it up its fine...... but today it did it this morn and now it just wont go down at all so i need to find out what to do to fix it??? any suggestions if its not this?

MrBen
01-14-2004, 08:15 PM
Sticky choke probably. I had the same problem though, for me it was the choke stat, and it cost 200 bucks to get fixed. Purrs like a kitten now.