PDA

View Full Version : Second Guessing the Kit...

Bloodlust
01-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Ok, some of you out there know that I am most likely getting a Xenon Body kit in spring. Some things that I did think about but maybe not hard enough have come to my attention. Lets start out by telling you that my driveway is a bitch. I dont bottom out now going up, but most of the time my muffler hits the ground while backing out of it. Now when I put on the body kit, Im wondering if I am going to bottom out when going up it, and if im going to damage the kit backing out. Ill try and get a pic of my car going up the driveway tonite so you can see what im talking about.

But for now, what do you guys think I should do? :help:

k-roy
01-12-2004, 01:31 PM
I can't really tell without a pic. My buddy with a 92 Civic lowered had to pull into his driveway at an extreme angle so not to scrape his front crossmember. Basically hit the first wheel almost sideways and then crank the wheel. You probably know what I mean when pulling into steep driveways.

'A20A3'
01-12-2004, 01:34 PM
One idea to fix that problem would be to make a ramp of some sort...

Bloodlust
01-12-2004, 01:36 PM
yeah, Ill just have to show you guys the pic of my driveway. Thanks Kroy.

Bloodlust
01-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Nah im not gonna make a ramp or anything like that. Im moving into my own place soon with Tara anyway, so I guess ill just have to pick a house that has a flat driveway :D

SteveDX89
01-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Park on the street.

Bloodlust
01-12-2004, 02:01 PM
Park on the street.

yeah thats what im gonna do if I can get into my driveway. Only other problem is getting into Tara's driveway. Her driveway is worse than mine. And theres nowhere to park on the street at her house. Id have to park at a gas station about a quarter mile down the road from her house.

NXRacer
01-12-2004, 02:10 PM
how low are you? My car is DUMPED like 3" or more and i had a pretty big front clip on my car for a while and as long as you make sure you go in the driveway at an angle it shouldnt hurt it too much. The xenon kit is polyurothane so it flexes a lot better then fiberglass. I've only encountered one driveway that i shouldnt have gone through, but it was an exit from a drive through and i had no choice but to go out. YOu just have to be creative in your driving.

Bloodlust
01-12-2004, 02:13 PM
how low are you? My car is DUMPED like 3" or more and i had a pretty big front clip on my car for a while and as long as you make sure you go in the driveway at an angle it shouldnt hurt it too much. The xenon kit is polyurothane so it flexes a lot better then fiberglass. I've only encountered one driveway that i shouldnt have gone through, but it was an exit from a drive through and i had no choice but to go out. YOu just have to be creative in your driving.

My car is lowered 2.5 inches by Tokico Gas shocks and Eibach Sportline springs. I have 16" Motegi MR-8 rims.

lightbulblxi
01-12-2004, 02:45 PM
hydros or air suspension, lol.

Morpheus
01-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Whats the point of getting a kit?
Spend your money on something better thats not going to be a pain in the ass.

Bloodlust
01-12-2004, 03:43 PM
Whats the point of getting a kit?
Spend your money on something better thats not going to be a pain in the ass.

Well Ive always wanted to make my car look nice, and have the bare essentials of "performance mods". And a kit has always been one thing that I have always wanted to get and what time is better than now?

What would you recommend being something that is better and not going to be a pain in the ass. Ill take opinions on something that I should do with the 700 bucks that I have for the kit.

BITESIZE
01-12-2004, 03:47 PM
You should spend that $700 and go see your eagles in the superbowl. :)

I can't wait to see how your car looks when you get the body kit on it, also R U staying white?

my86dx4dr
01-12-2004, 06:36 PM

I can't wait to see how your car looks when you get the body kit on it, also R U staying white?
your not suggesting getting a kit might be a mexican move are you? :tongue: :tongue: :beat: sorry .......you meant paint :cool2:

Morpheus
01-12-2004, 06:52 PM
What have you done?

Bloodlust
01-12-2004, 07:54 PM

Actually, as a season ticket holder, well related to a season ticket holder, I am entitled to tickets to the superbowl if the Eagles go so that wouldnt be a problem :D. And absolutely I am staying white.

What have you done?

Basically all I have done "performance" wise is a CAI, upgraded spark plugs, spark plug wires, cap and rotor, and just to make it sound good with a muffler. Eventually I am getting a DC Sports header and cat-back exhaust. But thats something that I wanna do after it looks good.

Vanilla Sky
01-13-2004, 08:42 AM
the car looks good now... just shave the molding and the lines in the bumper... and when you repaint, put some pearl in it

Dennis
01-13-2004, 08:48 AM
Actually, as a season ticket holder, well related to a season ticket holder, I am entitled to tickets to the superbowl if the Eagles go so that wouldnt be a problem To bad they aren't going to the Super Bowl.... :cool2:

Bloodlust
01-13-2004, 03:58 PM
To bad they aren't going to the Super Bowl.... :cool2:

Hehe , oh yes we are :D . And I have to correct myself on the post I made. Eagles season tickets holders are not necessarily entitled tickets to the superbowl if the eagles go. They go into like a lottery type of thing, but they get first dibs on the tickets. Just wanted to clarify that.

SteveDX89
01-13-2004, 07:08 PM
They stand a good chance of going but I don't think they'll win it. Sorry, Mike, Indianapolis has an offense that will just make it look there's no defense on the field. And then New England has a ton of talented receivers and Tom Brady passes to them all. Plus that there kicker they got seems to come through in the clutches.

lightbulblxi
01-13-2004, 07:14 PM
yea, the one thing u dont wanna do is spend money on a kit and paint to go fuck it up rite away, cant wait to see it when u get it

NXRacer
01-15-2004, 02:12 PM
dude its not that big of a deal. Get the kit and go for it.

Bloodlust
01-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Yeah thats what Im thinking. I cant really tell if its gonna fook it up or not but its bound to happen anyway, but im definitely going to have to be more careful. You guys should expect pics of it the day i get it back which should be mid March or so so i hope you guys look forward to it, I sure as hell do.

NXRacer
01-15-2004, 02:38 PM
you could try to temporarily attach it and go in/out of your driveway and see how it works.....

Dibbs
01-15-2004, 02:42 PM

for us who are not season ticket holders of the participating teams, the cheapest tickets are going for $1800 a pop at the local ticket brokers and that's for nosebleed. Which, there's not many bad seats in Reliant stadium....it's VERY nice

Bloodlust
01-15-2004, 03:00 PM
for us who are not season ticket holders of the participating teams, the cheapest tickets are going for $1800 a pop at the local ticket brokers and that's for nosebleed. Which, there's not many bad seats in Reliant stadium....it's VERY nice

Yeah ive never been there. Actually Ive never been to any superbowl. Probably because the Eagles havent been to one in my lifetime. Its just a shame that the team that usually play there won't be able to make it. :D

NXRacer
01-15-2004, 03:41 PM
the cheapest tickets are going for $1800 a pop at the local ticket brokers and that's for nosebleed.
no game ON EARTH would be worth $1800 to go see. I better be sitting on the goddamn bench for that kind of money........

Dibbs
01-16-2004, 06:12 AM
no game ON EARTH would be worth $1800 to go see. I better be sitting on the goddamn bench for that kind of money........

:werd:
I asked my wife if I could go. She said fine but I'll have to scrap my H22A project for my 4th gen. :huh: