PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Get The Dash Out Of An 89 Accord A20A3?

BootMachine
01-12-2004, 01:50 PM
I gotta pull the dash for NX racer and I'm having trouble! The dash seems to still be attached to the car right where it meets the windsheild!

I dont wanna break it so are there any tricks I dont know about?

night
01-12-2004, 09:28 PM
I gotta pull the dash for NX racer and I'm having trouble! The dash seems to still be attached to the car right where it meets the windsheild!

I dont wanna break it so are there any tricks I dont know about?

there is a shitload holding those dashes on, mine was easy but those are a pita. there are bolts in the ac vents (i beleive, its been a long time, but i know my car does) and when you pull it off you have to pull up a bit as the back at the windshield has rods that slide down into the beam

smufguy
01-12-2004, 10:46 PM
there is a 10mm bolt behind the clock. U need to take that off. Also u need to remove all the wiring connections on the fuse box and the vent cables that are hooked onto the heater core. U might also have to disconnect the radio wires and the heater core wires once the dash is off. Dont forget the bolts on the sides and the bottom of the dash board. There are also screws that hold the dash behind the ash tray. Check The Shop manual for all screws and bolts.

Justin86
01-13-2004, 11:02 AM
yea it is probbly the one behind the clock. It helps to have a manual so you now what to do.

BootMachine
01-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Yeah I have a haynes manual....stupid...it goes like this

DASH REMOVAL / INSTALLATION!

- disconnect the negative battery teminal
- jack up the car and secure it on jackstands
- go ahead and remove the dash
- now that the dash is out, installation is the reverse of removal!

ha ha ha ha ha

I'll figure it out....I think its the clock bolt...tnkx for the info guys!

smufguy
01-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Oh the Paul's shop manual check pages 21-85 to 21-88 for dash board removal and Installation. These pages are under the Section BODY.

BootMachine
01-14-2004, 10:55 AM
It was the bolt behind the clock!

Tnkx guys!

Justin86
01-14-2004, 01:13 PM
Yeah I have a haynes manual....stupid...it goes like this

DASH REMOVAL / INSTALLATION!

- disconnect the negative battery teminal
- jack up the car and secure it on jackstands
- go ahead and remove the dash
- now that the dash is out, installation is the reverse of removal!

ha ha ha ha ha

I'll figure it out....I think its the clock bolt...tnkx for the info guys!

Yea you can't get shit achomplished with the haynes or the other POS, you need the Honda Service Manual, is has a true complete tear down and of course it is true cause Honda uses it.

lightbulblxi
01-14-2004, 01:25 PM
i removed all of the bolts and shit in my dash, then it wouldnt go over the steering column, so i pulled and crack my windsheild, so now i gotta make sure im sober when i do shit to my car.