PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering fluid leaking like a water faucet

soljaboy2000
01-12-2004, 02:30 PM
My power steering fluid leaks like crazy from these tubes under my accord. Is this the power steering rack or something. After like 2 days every time i refill, theres a puddle of fluid under the car. Is there way I can tighten those tubes or do I have to replace this whole block looking thing. And if so how to remove it. Also I have been using the Walmart SuperTech PS fluid because on the back it say its made for most foriegn cars. Is this the reason? Where can I find the Honda PS Fluid?

neoblue89lxi
01-12-2004, 02:38 PM
You should use honda fluid from the dealership but sinse your rack and pinion is gone It really doesn't matter too much. To remove it you will have to basically take apart the header, tie rod ect. A remanufactured rack is atleast 200. The work is very hard and time consuming.

nswst8
01-12-2004, 02:45 PM
Yeah my friend, These Hondas are anal when it comes to most of the fluids that you ad to them.
Now are the boots on the Steering rack in good condition or are they split. If the fluid is coming from the boots then the seals in the rack are gone and you have no choice but to replace the rack IF the fluid is coming from the pressure lines then check to see if it is the threaded fitting or the line itself. If its the fitting you might be able to get away with reapplying some new teflon tape, if it is the line itself then a new line is warranted.
Hope this helps. LOL
NSWST8 :cheers: