PDA

View Full Version : Newb Question about Audio

AccordArizona89
01-12-2004, 05:23 PM
Alright all of a sudden my friends have all this audio stuff there not using and im getting most of it for free. Ill prolly have 2 10' and a 15' and wires. What all would i need. i know like the wires and amp but could someone give me like a specific list. thanks for the help :cool2:

sccrsteve5
01-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Get a Lightning Audio or Rockford Fosgate wiring kit. They can be had for about $40 each at SoundDomain.com. And then you are gonna need to get the amp that has a matching resistance, or ohm load. What are the subs' ohms? Any idea about that would help you a helluva lot...thats really all u need besides maybe a battery post clamp thing with a spot for ur power wire...PM me if ya need any quick help

shepherd79
01-12-2004, 07:08 PM
you can pick up any amp wirring kit and it will have everything you need.
just make sure it is at least 4 gauge. don't go any smaller.

sccrsteve5
01-12-2004, 09:44 PM
i have 8 AWG but i only have 200 watts and its recommended with 10 AWG...so it basically just depends on ur set up...but 4 AWG is a good one to go with just due to the fact that you may want to add more amps or a larger one...good luck with the setup

DigitaLuminescence
01-12-2004, 11:12 PM
Looks like wiring is covered, so...
First of all, what subs do you have? Any names? Any numbers? If neither of your 10ers take too much power to run, I would look into Soundstream's Rubicon 2 amplifiers (very clean, very nice, revolutionised circuitry). If you are looking for some more power try Concept Audio (that's what I'm running, and I love it). Without any information on the subs themselves or how much money you have I don't think people can help too much.

Personally, I think a 15" subwoofer is overkill in a small to medium coupe/sedan/hatchback. Two 10s are nice though.

And I can't emphasize enough, get a box that's the right volume for the subs specifications. You will loose a lot from low-end frequencies if you don't get the correct box. Consult the company that your subs are made by for specs.

sccrsteve5
01-13-2004, 08:51 PM
Good call. Another cheap but underrated amp is the US Acoustics series. I have heard nothing but compliments with this amp. But like he said ^^^ you need to know what the subs are capable of...