PDA

View Full Version : camshaft warpage

doug
01-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Hi all, about this time last year I did a group buy for a tri-flow mild from I think colt (yk86)? in canada. the tube the cam sits in has been sitting on the floor since getting it in 1/2003 sometme. I was gonna do a weber DCOE conversion and still plan to, I mean I have all the parts, but I figure the car has got to be out of daily use to do it, and have yet to get a second car, well after all this mumbo jumbo lead in I want to know if the cam can warp by just sitting in the tube it came it wrapped in the oil paper, kept at normal room tempatures. Any ideas, or positive answers appreciated, thanks. Doug

A20A1
01-12-2004, 11:12 PM
I doubt it... it gets exposed to much harsher temps when it's operating. And the metal it's made out of is high quality.

1988starter
01-13-2004, 12:18 AM
I would not worry those cams are tough as hell just make sure it is compleatly covered in oil so it does not rust

FWDburnout
01-14-2004, 11:59 AM
Hey Scott going to tell you to ask about that but i forget. But yeah I also thought it was very wierd.

Dibbs
01-14-2004, 12:19 PM
maybe if it was leaning up against the wall at an angle for a couple of years, gravity would make it bend a tiny bit, but that's some pretty hard steel. If it's laid flat on the floor, you've got nothing to worry about.