PDA

View Full Version : New but not NooB

Moodybluesr
01-13-2004, 04:06 AM
Hey
I am new to this board, but definately not new to third generation Accords, as the one I just picked up is my third among the dozen or so Hondas I have owned. I just got a 1988 black LXi coupe in damn nice condition off of eBay for $1000 and my plans for now are to drop some of my sound equipment in it, redo the suspension with maybe a slight drop, and get rid of the steelies since one hubcab shattered on the way home. :rolleyes:

I was wondering if anybody on this board autocrosses a third gen, and, if you do, is this car more competitive staying in H-stock or can it still keep up with the Jonses in STS? I have not decided to use this as my Solo II car this season yet, but if I do, I want to know wethter or not to go ahead with a few planned mods. Quite frankly, I was a bit suprised that there was no auto-x forum on this board, but maybe none of you guys (or girls) indulge? Hope to learn alot from you all!

James

89accord_lxi_coupe
01-13-2004, 04:17 AM
hey moody, welcome to the board!! also, excellent buy. as far as the autocross question goes, i'm not entirely sure. as far as I know there is no one on here who has set up their car that way. i could be wrong. i was reading in my recent issue of HT about a project autocross car they've started. they mentioned the honda was a good sturdy car to set up in that manner, though oddly enough not many on the auto-x circuit seem to be using it. i believe they were using a 4th gen accord, dropping in a new engine and making the necessary changes to conform to SCCA regulations and class specs. check out the website and you most likely will find some stuff to help you out. www.hondatuningmagazine.com
happy auto-x'ing

lightbulblxi
01-13-2004, 03:49 PM
yea welcome to the board, i also wanna git into auto crossing

i.c.
01-13-2004, 03:50 PM
i hate you....you have a lxi coupe....why can't i find one around here...oh and somebody on here autocrosses

NXRacer
01-13-2004, 04:00 PM
there is one auto cross accord on here. Not much info about it though. Stock these cars dont work well for autox and to make them competetive you have to do quite a bit which (i think) throws them out of class. As much as i love the 3g, its just not a good platform to autoX with.

BITESIZE
01-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Nice deal, for a $1000! Can't beat that.

87AccordsterLx
01-14-2004, 10:22 PM
:welcome:

Welcome to 3Geez! :)