PDA

View Full Version : Inputs for my custom tails (pics inside)

thegreatdane
01-14-2004, 11:15 AM
http://medlem.jubii.dk/kagemonster/Forum-crap/tail_01.jpg
http://medlem.jubii.dk/kagemonster/Forum-crap/tail_02.jpg
http://medlem.jubii.dk/kagemonster/Forum-crap/tail_03.jpg

Any ideas on what to do from here? I think it looks a little too cheesy when they are all clear because you can see all the stuff on the inside like screws and joints. Maybe you can buy some sort of small red lense and orange lense to put over the bulbs instead of just putting in colored bulbs and then get rid of the big lenses that way?

NXRacer
01-14-2004, 11:25 AM
one thing you may want to think about is using the plastic they use on over head flourescent lights. Its beveled so you wont see through it, but it still gives you the "altezza" look. A couple members have done it already. It doesnt look right IMO though.

BITESIZE
01-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Not too shabby............GET HER DONE!!!

thegreatdane
01-14-2004, 11:31 AM
one thing you may want to think about is using the plastic they use on over head flourescent lights. Its beveled so you wont see through it, but it still gives you the "altezza" look. A couple members have done it already. It doesnt look right IMO though.

And just mold it to the inside of the clear lense?

NXRacer
01-14-2004, 11:33 AM
use a heat gun to mold the new plastic in place of the original outside lense.

if you search, there are a few threads on how to do it.

thegreatdane
01-14-2004, 11:46 AM
I dont think it would work to well if i removed the outside lense and molded the clear thing on, because i think i have a different housing than you guys. I think i'd like to keed the clear lense and then put something in the inside to cover all the roghness on the alu-plastic backside thingie.

thegreatdane
01-14-2004, 11:47 AM
Can you buy some sort of deflector than you can adapt/fit yourself?

Dennis
01-15-2004, 08:16 AM
how did you make those tail lights? they look nice.

thegreatdane
01-15-2004, 08:39 AM
Those are the stock european tail lights. Not like yours. I just took them apart.

Dennis
01-15-2004, 08:41 AM
so from those pics, you havent modified them at all? the 3 pics look like different lights, also where could i find a pair of euro lights?

88 Accord DX
01-15-2004, 08:42 AM
get some highly reflective paint and spray it all over in there.

Dennis
01-15-2004, 08:47 AM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

thegreatdane
01-15-2004, 08:59 AM
so from those pics, you havent modified them at all? the 3 pics look like different lights, also where could i find a pair of euro lights?

Yes. Normally the orange and red reflector lense things, are in the housing together. I just took a picture of the 3 different options, without having the orange and red lense inserted at the same time.. I dont know where you can find the lights in the US. They where only on the european accords. Maybe some japanese accords too, i dont know. You would have to get them from europe.

thegreatdane
01-15-2004, 09:06 AM
get some highly reflective paint and spray it all over in there.

Well the problem is that I want it to look flush inside first. As you can see on the pictures theres a lot of unevenness back there.

Justin86
01-15-2004, 11:26 AM
If you can find a way to make the inside more even so you can't see all the stuff you don't want you will have a nice set of clears. :D

thegreatdane
01-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Exactly. Just gotta find that way :)

soljaboy2000
01-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Hey thegreatdane is it possible you get an extra set like from a salvage yard or something over there?. I'll love to have some of those for my Hoop Ride :D. You should just get the colored bulbs and try put florescent light covering on the inside of the clear.

dXsquared
01-15-2004, 02:59 PM
just spray em all red.. transparent of course... the cops wont know the difference if there is a reflector... they would look pretty hot

Travis

lightbulblxi
01-15-2004, 03:06 PM
i thin k it would look pretty phat if u just tinted them chrome or platinum.

shane_lxi
01-15-2004, 10:34 PM
hmm, just add more screws to the inside, give it the industrial look :D. Making it all even inside is TOOOO much work for a guy to do alone, or even for a professional shop! So I think you should just go with it, add more, or leave it as is, and accept that it is way too tuff to figure out :D.

thegreatdane
01-16-2004, 09:44 AM
hmm, just add more screws to the inside, give it the industrial look :D. Making it all even inside is TOOOO much work for a guy to do alone, or even for a professional shop! So I think you should just go with it, add more, or leave it as is, and accept that it is way too tuff to figure out :D.

Industrial look, LoL!

I figure theres 3 ways thats not to hard: 1)clear lense with colored bulbs and chrome reflective paint on the inside 2)flourescent plexiglass on the inside with colored bulbs 3)just paint em red

We will see if i can find some of the stuff to make them off. :)

soljaboy2000--> Well i could, but theres the shipping half way round the world which i dont know much about and dont know if i should trust.

BootMachine
01-16-2004, 10:40 AM
I kinda like them!

shane_lxi
01-16-2004, 11:13 AM
lol, I was just jokin on the industrial look thing. :D. Just get rid of the round relfectors, and add the red discs from semi truck trailors in there :D. It will have an altezza look, nit my style, but still custom :D.

soljaboy2000
01-16-2004, 12:12 PM
:D
soljaboy2000--> Well i could, but theres the shipping half way round the world which i dont know much about and dont know if i should trust.
hey just put em ebay and I'll use buy it now

3rd gen 89 se-i
02-04-2004, 11:29 AM
i need to know how to take off my tail lights. ive looked at it and it seems that there pretty well stuck on there. and i felt like i was going to break them. :help:

gekko
02-04-2004, 02:56 PM
i'm takin my EX to the scrapyards (the one on the left )
is that the lights u all talkin about ,,, if someone wants anything of that car give me a word

thegreatdane
02-05-2004, 05:58 AM
Dude that looks exactly like mine. How bad shape is it in? Because mine doesnt look to be passing inspections because the rear side-members are corroded (vanger på dansk).

88LX-iSedan
02-05-2004, 08:29 AM
i need to know how to take off my tail lights. ive looked at it and it seems that there pretty well stuck on there. and i felt like i was going to break them. :help:

Use a blow dryer, that's what i did.. Took a while to heat-up the tar like glue, but once it is, comes apart soo easily.

gekko
02-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Dude that looks exactly like mine. How bad shape is it in? Because mine doesnt look to be passing inspections because the rear side-members are corroded (vanger på dansk).

hmm as my english sucks and my danish to =)

give me one more hint

gekko
02-05-2004, 02:46 PM
and inside pic

A20A1
02-16-2004, 02:15 AM
Anybody want to buy my euro corner lights? I don't have the part for the trunk since I had tit on one of my ohter 3G's when it was towed.

SLVR3GHB
03-03-2004, 10:26 PM
thegreatdane, how did you get the front peice off? I don't wanna damage my tail lights, so whats the best way to get all 3 peices off?

soljaboy2000
03-03-2004, 11:52 PM
you have pics of em

thegreatdane
03-04-2004, 06:39 AM
thegreatdane, how did you get the front peice off? I don't wanna damage my tail lights, so whats the best way to get all 3 peices off?

You need to remove all accessories, like bulbs, wires and all plastic that can be taken off. Then you throw the taillight in the oven to warm up the glue. This way you can slowly pry the lense apart from the housing when you take it ouf of the oven again. Remember to do it slow and carefully to avoid damaging the lense.

My taillights are in standby. I'm waiting to get another accord, because my current one will be sold for scrap... (I was in an accident with it and bent the frame.. :mad: )

SLVR3GHB
03-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Anyone has any extra tails that I can use for a spare just incase? I'm good at fabricating, but when it comes to taking the lenses off, I'm affraid I'll damage them. I allways wanted to do Semi Clears to my tails.

Explain what temp and how long you left the tails in the oven? Someone told me to drop the tails in a bucket of VERY HOT water for a while to warm the glue up enough.

SLVR3GHB
03-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Here's a photoshop I done.
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/fe7cd6d8/bc/The+3rd+Gen+Era-Projects/__sr_/bild8-2+copy.jpg?phVZ4RAB4zzEppNV

86LXItooFAST4me
03-04-2004, 11:42 AM
anyone ever thought about custom mustang tail lights? i think the new euro tails for the 03 mustangs a kick ass, think they could fit after some fabrication?

thegreatdane
03-05-2004, 04:00 AM
Explain what temp and how long you left the tails in the oven? Someone told me to drop the tails in a bucket of VERY HOT water for a while to warm the glue up enough.

I placed mine in the oven for about ~5 minutes at 90 degrees celsius. If that doesnt do the trick just put them back in a little while. It's very easy. Just remember to remove everything that can be removed to avoid melting it. I think I just used a screwdriver to pry them apart.

thegreatdane
03-05-2004, 04:03 AM
But be very carefull if you use the screwdriver. It's an old lense so it's easy to brake of a chip or cracking it.