PDA

View Full Version : Body Guys!! I Need Advice!!

BootMachine
01-14-2004, 11:51 AM
I have a Toyota but thats not the important part. ANYWAY!

there is a stone chip on the front of the hood thats chipped down to the metal and started to rust. Its about the size of a grain of rice but it sticks out on the nice green hood like a sore thumb!

How should I go about fixing this little chip?

Tnkx for the info!

LA

k-roy
01-14-2004, 01:34 PM
I got a little sandpaper "pen" at autozone. You need to sand it down to the bare metal and get rid of all the rust. I also have another pen called the rust doctor. Its a solution that turns rust to sandable primer. You still need more primer than that though. Then primer it and use some touch up paint. The paint comes in a small bottle with a brush similar to fingernail polish. Carefully paint over it and let it dry. The get some 2,000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and carefully wetsand to blend it in and make it smoothe. Once it dries completely for a few days wax over it.

I reccomend Duplicolor brand. They have color matching for most cars paint. They also have primer and sanding products. Read all the directions carefully and be paitient when you use it and you should be fine.

BootMachine
01-14-2004, 01:41 PM
ok thankx!

I was gonna do pretty much the same thing but I never thought to wet sand to blend the repair spot!

I will tape everything off and do the repair and then I will wet sand the area to blend. I dont wanna have old paint with new paint spots...thats as dumb as the rust spots!