PDA

View Full Version : Light conversions

asid_9
01-14-2004, 03:01 PM
:help: I want to convert the flip up lights over to the doubble rounds like integras what would i do?

k-roy
01-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Integra's had flip ups just like us, in the 80s at least.
Thats a lot of work. You need to do some cutting, custom fabricating and welding.
You could do a whole front end conversion and replace the hood, fenders and bumper cover. I saw a guy a while back where someone was doint just that. Do some searching for that.

Bryan
01-14-2004, 03:36 PM
You know what would be easier and you could get those lights? Get an integra...Otherwise it's way too much work.

crwa
01-14-2004, 05:03 PM
You do the conversion you will, need to cut the accord core support off and re weld an integra core in its place. You then need to line up the hood, to do this I'm sure you will have to redo the hood hinges, so drilling and tapping new holes from the brackets to go into. Then you will have to blend the fenders(cut the accord fenders and blend in half of the integra fender so that the fender lines up with the hood). Then once that is done you can bolt on the integra front bumper, but then you will need to redo the radiator supports and more then likely need to do a custom hose so that the coolant can flow properly. You also need to rewire your front lights for the turn singals and head lamps.

It'd be way easier to get a teg, you can pick up 94 and up models for pretty cheap
now...If you have a body shop do the conversion it will cost a few thousand easily...

lightbulblxi
01-14-2004, 08:41 PM
i think that would look gay on a 3g.

danronian
01-15-2004, 06:00 AM
It doesn't look right since the round headlights and rounded front end of the integra clashes with the square body lines and rear of the accord. I think the new prelude conversion looks much better since the prelude has a fairly square body already.

3rd GEN
01-15-2004, 08:22 AM
i was think f doin a 5th gen accord front end conversion at some point..but not for a looooooooooooooooong time:)

88 Accord DX
01-15-2004, 08:48 AM
not only wouldnt it look right but it wouldnt work. the integra/ del sol has the rounded lights in the bumper. try that on the 3gee and its gay.

Justin86
01-15-2004, 11:33 AM
yea it wouldn't flow right with the body of the 3G, if you were to do something similar but had it incased in the original headlight housing and put the twin bulbs. Look for the thread accord concept but since I'm so nice here is the link......... http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=25458 :cool2: