PDA

View Full Version : Slip n Slide On Wet Road

HondaBoy
01-14-2004, 09:03 PM
well, if you didnt know, our cars didnt have ABS except on the 4alb ones. anyway, am i alone here when i say my brakes lock up in wet weather. it hasnt been raining here much, so dust and dirt have built up on the road. so when it even rains just a bit, its pretty slippery. so tonight as im approaching an intersection, i dont think much about the wet road. so i push the brakes and i lock the front ones up. i decided to just floor the gas when i knew i wouldnt make a stop before the intersection. i had been driving my 02 accord recently and havent had to worry about this. so, back to basics i guess. since my right front rotor is slightly warped, and not to mention the original one, i think i will replace it and the other one soon. i think i might get the cross drilled neuspeed ones, about $85 each. i know there's other ones, and i might consider others. so, anyone else's 3gee like to lock up under hard braking in wet conditions?

pimp86LX
01-14-2004, 09:17 PM
wet conditions warrent changes in your driving habbits. Even when we get many feet of snow you can avoid this by driving differnetly according to weather.

lightbulblxi
01-14-2004, 09:19 PM
mine lock up easily in the winter and rain.

shepherd79
01-15-2004, 05:12 AM
if your rear brakes adjusted right, you should be able to stop on the dime without locking the front brakes.

HondaBoy
01-18-2004, 09:51 PM
ah, they didnt lock up the other night after it had been raining for a few days, so i guess it was that muddy dust stuff that was on there. although, my brakes do need adjusting. i need to get all new ones really, but for now they work alright.

od2681
01-18-2004, 09:59 PM
lock up = dont panic = pump brake gently = no accident = happiness

soljaboy2000
01-18-2004, 10:02 PM
if your rear brakes adjusted right, you should be able to stop on the dime without locking the front brakes.
Yeah...thats true I adjusted my rear ones and now i can stop on a dime

Busted_Blue
01-19-2004, 07:57 AM
well, if you didnt know, our cars didnt have ABS except on the 4alb ones.

4alb?

I had my tires lockup before but it was due to going too fast and pressing my brakes way too late during nasty weather conditions. If your car is manual, engine braking helps a bit too. Some Heeltoe action or just plain downshifting while braking helps your car slow down and ease the tension off your brakes. But you waste a little more gas if you do this all the time =X

thegreatdane
01-19-2004, 08:25 AM
Mine doesnt lock up :) Wonder why :cool2:

4alb?

Yea, almost anyways. "4wALB" is the correct name.

accordlxi2.0
01-19-2004, 09:49 AM
our cars came with it it was just rare, i know i have it.
i drove the sable, and the nissan and they locked, the sable slid sideway's.

Bloodlust
01-19-2004, 09:51 AM
lock up = dont panic = pump brake gently = no accident = happiness

Damn i should have thought of that before I hit that salt truck last winter.... :beat:

Justin86
01-19-2004, 11:20 AM
how about better tires! if you get better brakes with shitting tires you will just ba able to lock up the brakes even easier then before.