PDA

View Full Version : Slight Header Question

Cyric_accord
01-15-2004, 03:17 PM
I know we've gone over the debate again and again, but I'm just checking to see if anyone as of yet has ever purchase and installed an S&S 4-1 Header. I'm just curious since it has become harder and harder to come by on a DC Sports header and I'm not really in the mood to use a Pacesetter.

I recognize that the 4-1 isn't going to do me much good unless i have a huge amount of modifications(which I don't, but am planning) but wonder since my exhaust mani is begining to rust, I figure might as well get something worthwhile in it's place when I replace the exhaust system next year.
Thanks for listening

shepherd79
01-15-2004, 06:05 PM
i have seen that manifold only ones.
i don't know if anyone has it.
you will take a chance on that one, but i am sure it will be better than pacessetter.

Justin86
01-15-2004, 06:06 PM
Well the 4-1 is designed more for the top end racer and the 4-2-1 is best for use that use it as a daily driver. Also don't worry too much about your OEM manifold rusting cause there is a lot of iron there and it would take years for it to rust through.

bobafett
01-15-2004, 06:13 PM
hey if u like to rev high and ur planning other mods u might as well get 4-1....

Cyric_accord
01-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Well the 4-1 is designed more for the top end racer and the 4-2-1 is best for use that use it as a daily driver. Also don't worry too much about your OEM manifold rusting cause there is a lot of iron there and it would take years for it to rust through.

Well, I wish it was going to take years, but there are rust holes already evident in the manifold... small, but there

plus the winter salt is eating at the downpipe, so I might as well replace it now.

A20A1
01-16-2004, 04:07 AM
Are you certain the holes are in the manifold.. and aren't some poorly casted edge.
can you feel exhaust gasses escaping from the manifold? have you removed the heat shield?

If you were carbed the 4-1 would be an improvement... cause I assume it would have longer primaries then the stock 4-1. However you have a 4-2-1 design plus you have 2 O2 sensors which I'm not certain if S&S provides.

Cyric_accord
01-16-2004, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I have pulled off the heat shield, when I was first thinking about getting headers last summer... I saw the holes and started up my car... I felt the gases escaping, plus you could hear a slight noise difference with the shield off.

I don't know if I'm going to get them, just curious if anyone had them and could give out some info on them, thanks anyways.

1988starter
01-16-2004, 10:02 AM
I think I still have my 88 accord LXi manifold if you want it I w9ill get shipping +10 bucks